Help ID Kona Hahanna model/year

ClawHammer1

Dirt Disciple
I’m trying to find out which year Kona Hahanna I had when I was young. It was my first MTB and I’d like to find one to buy. Problem is the oldest I can find are 1993. This is bikes for sale, readers bikes, Kona catalogs, etc. However, I left school in September 1992 and I used to ride my Hahanna to school. So I had it in 1992 at the latest. I believe I bought mine earlier than this so circa 1990/91. I also have a memory that it was the first version Hahanna that Kona made.

Does anybody have information to confirm if I’m right with any of the above?

Does anybody have a black Hahanna from 1990/91/92? I’d love to see one again so please post images.

Thanks!

The Kona hahanna was introduced in 1991 and the option off classic black was available to all in the range during 91 and 92, the only noticable differences were =

1991 had STi rapidfire 200GS
1992 had thumbshifters 200GS and a rear brake booster

1645777723366.png

1645777854493.png

This is the best image I can find of an unmolested 1992 black Hahanna (Mattbrown's old hahanna) so imagine it without the brake booster.

1645778668958.png

The Kona hahanna was introduced in 1991 and the option off classic black was available to all in the range during 91 and 92, the only noticable differences were =

1991 had STi rapidfire 200GS
1992 had thumbshifters 200GS and a rear brake booster

This is the best image I can find of an unmolested 1992 black Hahanna (Mattbrown's old hahanna) so imagine it without the brake booster.
Thanks, that's great information and helps narrow it down as I'm 99% sure mine had a brake booster which would make it a '92 model. However, that won't fit the time line unless the '92 model was released say November/December 1991 or earlier as companies tend to do now. Could that be the case?

My Hahanna was a Christmas gift and I specifically remember going for a ride on Christmas morning and being blown away by the width of the front tyre. I must've received it the Christmas '91 and then it was stolen within 3-4 months. If you'd said both '91 and '92 models came with a brake booster then I'd be leaning towards mine being received on Christmas '90 and it being a '91 model. I just can't remember it being stolen that close to receiving it but my memory has always been really bad.

I'd love to add one to my 'collection'. Do they come up often and what price should I be looking to pay for one with all original parts in decent condition, assuming one like that exists?

Even back then new models were released early for the Christmas period so likely a 92, they do come up occassionally but depends on size frame (mainly sml med frames come up), prices vary on condition and size .... Personally, I think £100 should get an average condition 18" one but bare in mind that its parts may have evolved past its original spec.

Put out a wanted as on here.... Someone may have one.

Even back then new models were released early for the Christmas period so likely a 92, they do come up occassionally but depends on size frame (mainly sml med frames come up), prices vary on condition and size .... Personally, I think £100 should get an average condition 18" one but bare in mind that its parts may have evolved past its original spec.

Put out a wanted as on here.... Someone may have one.
Medium will be perfect for me. I'm vertically challenged. I'll put a wanted ad on here later. Thanks for your help and advice 👍

Back