GT

player

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was thinking about picking up an inflatable hot tub, two bottles of Moët, flowers, night out for two in a restaurant, some perfume and buy myself some sexy undies to make the missus happy.

But this slightly battered 90s MTB seems much better value.

Well... This was on market place just after christmas for £25. I got in pretty quick and was sorting out collection for later that evening and then the seller went quiet. So guessed as is often the way on FB I got gazumped. Then I spotted it on ebay a day or 2 later. Seller is clearly having a laugh. wrong wheels, saddle, cheapo seat post, I could go on...

Very overpriced.

How times have changed! I bought an identical colour Karakoram maybe 10-15 years ago which was partly upgraded to XT of the same age, all minty but for some reason really crappy wheels for £35 collection only. It’s still in the family with upgraded wheels and still minty, a really lovely bike but definitely not worth even half of what that one is up for.

The recent £70 Purle Tequesta seemed more realistic & in better nick....this looks like £100 tops.

Its not hip.

Back