GT xizang

chumaman

Dirt Disciple
Please help, I recently received an offer for this piece, need more info and approximate value of it thanks ;)
IMG-d6233b68fd4dbde432151aabd12d93e6-V.jpg

IMG-6f98de6da99d54e36bf1d6e95bb3ca25-V.jpg

IMG-0877fee814ff51020b82ec1670e03f1d-V.jpg

Re: Re:

d8mok":2zjbgah4 said:
Looks a bit like the serial number has been attacked a bit?
:roll: ingenious remark that really helps :facepalm:
:?: whether it is cosmetic or functional error and how much it affects anything significant :eek:

Does anyone have an idea of a possible valuation (apart from the above and seen scratch frame is
without dents or any other damage)
I ask because they are rarely found in market places so I have no comparison for the value :?:

Re:

It was a genuine question and something that affects the value! If it’s sinply damage from riding or maintenance then please say so.

To me it’s worthless without knowing why the serial is like that. To the next guy it might worth more .

I wouldn’t take the risk of it being stolen unless a decent explanation was given.

A good honest example is around £500-700 usually. I’d guess less for this one dependant on the buyers moral compass and risk appetite.

Re:

chumaman":8bafm8ee said:
d8mok":8bafm8ee said:
:?: whether it is cosmetic or functional error and how much it affects anything significant :eek:

Does anyone have an idea of a possible valuation (apart from the above and seen scratch frame is
I ask because they are rarely found in market places so I have no comparison for the value :?:
If you would like other member to suggest a value, then please post in the link below:

The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" forum
viewforum.php?f=78

Pip

d8mok":393ngugm said:
It was a genuine question and something that affects the value! If it’s sinply damage from riding or maintenance then please say so.

To me it’s worthless without knowing why the serial is like that. To the next guy it might worth more .

I wouldn’t take the risk of it being stolen unless a decent explanation was given.

A good honest example is around £500-700 usually. I’d guess less for this one dependant on the buyers moral compass and risk appetite.

The damage is obviously caused by the chain, the serial number is quite visible but not in this photo .... stolen I believe it is not because my source is reliable and I do not believe that for one frame it would risk its reputation (after all all its goods have the mark of control of the competent services countries of origin(police, customs etc))

pipmeister":1ub4z922 said:
chumaman":1ub4z922 said:
d8mok":1ub4z922 said:

If you would like other member to suggest a value, then please post in the link below:

The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" forum
viewforum.php?f=78

Pip

It is not mine therefore I believe it is not a mistake either ;) :xmas-wink:

Re:

I am merely highlighting the Forum rules, as it helps the Moderators. We all need to adhere to these rules, regardless of who owns the item.
Quote:

General
2. No 'how much' posts in the main forum or elsewhere. If you really really need to ask how much your item is worth you may post on the "how much" thread here. We suggest you look in the classifieds, ebay or elsewhere if you are genuinely unsure of an items value.

Pip

chumaman":mtn8cg92 said:
d8mok":mtn8cg92 said:

The damage is obviously caused by the chain, the serial number is quite visible but not in this photo .... stolen I believe it is not because my source is reliable and I do not believe that for one frame it would risk its reputation (after all all its goods have the mark of control of the competent services countries of origin(police, customs etc))

I’d beg to differ that it’s obvious but I’m only working on the picture you’ve posted. Chain damage it could be but looks more like screwdriver damage to me from that picture. Lots of xizangs sell here an eBay quite regularly so it’s not a hard one to value. £500-700 if perfect and less with a questionable serial

Thanks for every lesson sorry :oops: i didn't mean to be rude .... maybe fast :p because the frame in the meantime was sold to someone faster and obviously with a lot of money :xmas-cool:

Back