GT XIZANG 1993 18” frame custom build

panarye

Retro Newbie
Please see thread for the tech specs of the bike.

I have asked members for their help in valuing the bike.

The consensus of opinion is over £1k for the frame and £800 for the parts minimum.

So I would consider offers around the £2k mark.

Hope this is not an insult to any member interested in providing a new home to my beloved bike

panarye":3x17lamn said:

The consensus of opinion is over £1k for the frame and £800 for the parts minimum.

Hope this is not an insult to any member interested in providing a new home to my beloved bike

Hi Panarye
there is no link to any thread - which I hope details the condition of the frame and the parts including spec etc

panarye":15i1l8ve said:

I know that it's not the done thing to discuss prices on sale threads, but I think whoever said over£1k for the frame has given you poor advice. When they do come up they sell for between £500-£700. Never seen one go for £1k+.
Value of parts is probably about right if you split, but whole bikes always fetch less than when broken down (sadly). If you want to try and get anywhere near £2k you'll need to split and sell everything individually, but even then I think it's a stretch.

Good luck with the sale!

Re:

Just to clarify (as I was the person who commented on the other thread regarding it being £1k) that I was talking about the full bike as that what was described. I’ve never seen a frame fetch more than 700 and that’s split mint.

At £2k it will be a long time to sell (if ever). Full bike is about 1200 max or slightly more in bits to right buyers assuming it’s mint.

Re: Re:

d8mok":1jkiakxl said:
Just to clarify (as I was the person who commented on the other thread regarding it being £1k) that I was talking about the full bike as that what was described. I’ve never seen a frame fetch more than 700 and that’s split mint.

Makes sense. I'd pay a grand for the whole bike. ;)

Back