Gios Aerodynamic 52cm - NOW SOLD

monty dog

Senior Retro Guru
Lcv87h1h.jpg

52cm Gios Aerodynamic. This might not suit the purists as it features a Super Record inspired paint job and fitted with a pair of Super Record forks.

Built to ride rather than a wall ornament, so there are marks from use and even some Tuscan and Flandrian mud in a few crevices.

The frame is 52cm (CTT) with a 52cm top tube, was resprayed by Atlantic Boulevard with waterslide transfers under clear lacquer. Clear heli-tape protection over the transfers. £250

Full component specification as follows:

jwOjfjxh.jpg

Gipiemme Chrono crankset with 42/52 rings and Campagnolo BB (I have a matching Gipiemme spare to be included) £70

Genetic road pedals, Christophe clips and Binda red leather straps. £10

QbPYyfeh.jpg

Campagnolo Super Record rear mech £45

Campagnolo Record front derailleur £25

g7r6gJKh.jpg

Campagnolo Record shift levers £20

HG3tYswh.jpg

Campagnolo Record 2-bolt seatpost £30

Original Turbo saddle in leather with lovely patina. £25

HCF02RJh.jpg

Ambrosio Durex tubular rims on Gipiemme Sprint hubs shod with Vittoria Pave tubulars (both VGC, holding air) £70/pr

SYbb9Ofh.jpg

Ambrosio handlebars and Cinelli XA stem with hand-stitched leather bar wrap. £40

Modolo Speedy brake callipers and levers (sadly the rubber hoods are long gone) £25

One of the fork crown coins is loose - will be included.

£450 complete - bike is in Fleet, Hampshire or prices of individual components as above.

Shipping at cost - will combine shipping

Re: Gios Aerodynamic 52cm Campagnolo, Gipiemme, Modolo, Amrosio

spitball":knet3vd8 said:
FiveAlpha":knet3vd8 said:
Lovely. That's an XA stem, by the way.

How do you know it's not an XE stem?

Statistically speaking, it is hundreds of times more likely to be an XA, rather than an XE. But, you could be right. What it is not, is a 1A, which was the main point.

Just looked again - the front logo looks recessed, which would make it an XA. If it were an XE, as you suggest, it wouldn't be recessed (according to what I've been told).

Happy to be corrected - every day a school day, etc.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

spitball":1ayg5twz said:
If these links work

Here is an XE stem
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cinelli-XE-X ... SwCgRe08VE

And an XA stem

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Cine ... 0290.m3507

What do you reckon? I thought the only way to tell was when they were on full view.

Discuss.

I think that the XE in those pictures. looks like it has a sticker for a logo (which I have been told is the case on the XE), rather than the plastic disc which falls out of the front of XAs.

But, to be sure, we'd need to check the wedge and the ribbed (or not) inside of the bar mount.

To be clear, I haven't owned an XE in 20 years and can't remember.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveAlpha":uom2d6ll said:
spitball":uom2d6ll said:
If these links work

Here is an XE stem
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cinelli-XE-X ... SwCgRe08VE

And an XA stem

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Cine ... 0290.m3507

What do you reckon? I thought the only way to tell was when they were on full view.

Discuss.

I think that the XE in those pictures. looks like it has a sticker for a logo (which I have been told is the case on the XE), rather than the plastic disc which falls out of the front of XAs.

But, to be sure, we'd need to check the wedge and the ribbed (or not) inside of the bar mount.

To be clear, I haven't owned an XE in 20 years and can't remember.

It doesn't really matter, you are probably right I have lost more than enough discs, but, I now have a burning desire to find out, I wonder if the op will take the stem out?

Me too. I feel I need to know!

Monty Dog, please take the stem out and post a picture!

My bad, it is an XA stem with a recessed plastic insert - I know this as I ended up buying another stem just for the plastic insert!

Back