Gary Fisher Tassajara full XTR M900 groupset £300 BIN

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I looked at this last time it was up and very nearly pulled the trigger.

However, none of the chainrings are XTR and neither are the shifters, don't know about the cassette, so it's nowhere near full XTR, it's the derailleurs, crank arms and cantis, the frame is a low spec Gary Fisher in average condition, and although the bike does look appealing with those drop bars and tyres etc and does have some very nice components on it, the wheels are lovely assuming they're in great condition, there are much better bikes out there for the money. If you're after the XTR then you might be able to pick up an actual full m900 groupset for the same kind of money and not be lumbered with a mediocre frameset.

In my opinion it should be priced between £200 and £225, it's just a little too steep for what you're actually getting.

Last edited:
Yep it’s ok if you want some XTR wheels and some other well used bits. Ideal if it suits you exactly as it is, but not for a parts donor.

I’d like to know where to get a full XTR groupset for £300 ?
I said for the same kind of money, but anyway after a quick search found these items on the first page searching for XTR m900...
£400 -/+

I'm sure there's cheaper out there and these things often come in bundles for slightly reduced prices.

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
£260 ? Check your maths. LOL.
I mistyped on my calculator :oops:, it's more like 400, but still, it's more XTR than comes with the Gary Fisher and as I said that's with zero shopping around and all individually priced, you'd get a better deal with a full set

If it's such a great deal why is nobody buying it?

Back