FS: Paul Donahue (Cougar-esque) Steel Road Frameset

olawrence01

Retro Newbie
Hello All

Up for sale here, due to a spring clean and getting ready for a new steel road bike this summer.

This is a Paul Donahue custom built steel framed road bike. Not much is known around the date of the frame, but would make a great addition to a fixie project or daily cruiser. For those asking, I do not know the steel construct of this frame, but it is on the lighter side.

For those that like the famous Cougar/Avanti/Corrado frames you will really like this one. Paul Donohue has a great legacy in frame building, and this bike has the retro appeal that's for sure.

Please note: This sale is for the frameset only, comprising;

• Frame (steel) - Paul Donahue
    Fork (steel) - Paul Donahue
    Seatpost - Paul Donahue
    Stem - ITM
    Handlebar - ITM "Scatto"
    Headset - Campagnolo Mirage (of some vintage and unable to inspect).

Usual small patches of rust around stonechips, but no large areas of damage. Small ding area to rear stay and the usual underside BB.

Measurements (as accurate as possible);

Top Tube (C-C) 56cm
Seat Tube (C-C) 57cm
Stem length 100mm
Handlebar width C-C 41cm
Headset (C-C) 10cm

There's some good height to the steerer tube (100mm) with a fixed ITM Stem. Plenty of height in the seat post in case you're looking at a better ride position.

Some more pictures below;

Looking for a quick sale here, collection within S London area or delivery (at cost) within M25 area.

Payment via paypal as gift.
Price : £190.00

More pictures can be taken on specific areas should they be needed, as well as questions answered around measurements. All are also welcome to come and view.

Attachments

• IMG_1157-new.jpg
    IMG_1157-new.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,196
  • IMG_1160-new.jpg
    IMG_1160-new.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,196
  • IMG_1161-new.jpg
    IMG_1161-new.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,196
Re:

I am now looking to sell this complete with full campag mirage group.

£240 collected.

Takers? Please PM. Thanks

Thats a nice frame, unfortunately for me its a bit too big but price seems about right.
One thing is that selling with payment by paypal gift will not bring buyers in to buy from somebody unknown on the forum. I certainly wouldn't risk it, maybe factor in the fee's and adjust the price.
Just a thought due to previous issues on here with people paying with gift, forum rules dont recommend it. Not infering anything just an observation on why you might not be getting a response.
Good luck with the sale, not that this nice frame needs it.

Jamie

Thanks @JamieDyer.

Yes - a killer frame. Just a little too big for me too.

Thanks for the advice. I am moving this into the complete section of the forum, and will note your comment around paypal.

Thanks again

Back