French Fluro Fancy (MBK Hi-Tech Ranger 1989/90) Update

Jussa

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=272652

Ok so the original thread link is above and shows the journey to restore this rather bright French MBK. Well it has loitered in my Man Cave for many years and never really been out for a proper thrash about. I'm not sure why, just other bikes jumped into my hand, and this just sat in the corner gathering dust. But that was all to change, with Lockdown and Covid-19 Restrictions it has spurred me on to get out more and enjoy the quiet trails and local area, whilst getting fitter and also helping with my own mental health. I've been working through my fleet systematically cleaning, servicing and most importantly riding them, and earlier this week it was the turn of the MBK. Only a 11mile ride along part of the Peddars Way (Norfolk) and Bridle Paths and Single Track but what fun it was. This bike is so much run to ride with its slick Mountain LX Groupset, Biopace Chainring and IRC Back Country tyres we cut through the local countryside peaking at 35mph on one stretch (According to Map My Ride & Strava) We had to stop for some obligatory photos, and for me to take a breather lol. But all in all it was a great ride out.

Vive La France, Vive La MBK :D

Attachments

• MBK3.jpg
    MBK3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 553
  • MBK1.jpg
    MBK1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 554
  • MBK2.jpg
    MBK2.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 558
  • MBK4.jpg
    MBK4.jpg
    914.7 KB · Views: 562
  • MBK5.jpg
    MBK5.jpg
    704.5 KB · Views: 555
Hi I also have a hi tech ranger, I bought about, cough, 30 years ago, working with original bio pace groupset, in use every day, needs a respray any ideas on close colours?

Back