Sorted Free or cheap rear wheel to help a victim of theft

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I was in my local Costa on Xmas Eve ordering a coffee when one of the staff came in all flustered having discovered that his rear wheel had been stolen. Not a very merry start to Xmas for him as he uses it to get to work and back. He's a nice guy/kid and I was hoping I could help him out with a replacement. I've checked my spares and I've got nothing sadly, so thought I'd ask on here.

The details I have for the wheel are:

26 inch (he said 28 but don't think that's right, he didn't think it was 27.5 or 29 though)
8 speed
Rim brake (his front is disc)
Black rim

I can sort out tyre and cassette so just looking for a wheel.

Has anyone got anything cheap kicking about? I'll pop back in and see if I can get him to confirm what bike he has so I can confirm the size for sure.

Thanks

Ive got a set of 26 inch rigida wheels on shimano hubs but theyre silver. The spokes are a bit tarnished but should clean up.

If you get stuck I've probably got something as well. Although it might be a silver rim as I seem to have an abundance of those.

i do have a sturdy true 26" rear wheel (guess with grey lx hub or some likewise shimano part), it just has a silver rim. for postage only. just pm if interested

Been messed around on eBay again with these wheels.

The 1st buyer expected me the ship them to Europe but at UK mainland rate! - despite the ad clearly saying UK mainland only in bold type.
The 2nd just won at a bargain price but still can't be bothered to pay!

I'm at the point now where I'd rather give them away to someone who really needs them rather than face dealing with another eBay idiot!
Grrrrr!!

If the person who has had their wheel stolen would like this wheelset for free, I'd be more than happy to give them to someone who really needs them! If they could cover postage, I don't mind boxing them up.

Pics...
20211205_172745.jpg
20211205_172620.jpg
20211205_172606.jpg
20211205_172558.jpg
20211205_172536.jpg

Cheers all.
boy"O"boy

Can recommend the raleigh tru build wheels. Dirt cheap - often 30 to 40 quid delivered and able to take some abuse.

Thanks for all the offers, I've only just been able to confirm the wheel size, which is 28 inch, so not what I thought. If anyone has anything in that size, preferably with a black rim, he will be very grateful indeed.

Back