Free Continental tyres & tubes

Thanks for the heads up

Have bagged some 23c from my 'local' dealer, who says I have to pay for them to be fitted, but given there is £72's worth of tyres and tubes coming FOC, I don't mind!

my son lives 100 yds from one of the dealers. Is fitting compulsory as i was going to send him a couple of old tyres to swap?

Why can't you just turn up with a pair of tyres and tubes and hand them in?

Does not say they need to be fitted ...

From the website:

Terms of amnesty
The amnesty will run at participating dealers (Independent Bicycle Dealers) from 15th May until 31st July 2014.
The dealer will fit two Grand Sport tyres and two Race28 inner tubes at his premises upon receipt of the customers old tyres (non Continental brand), which will be disposed of by the dealer.
No tyres or tubes will be handed over to any customer who does not present his/her bike for the fitting of the tyres.
Each dealer will receive a limited amount of tyres from Continental. If the dealers supply is exhausted prior to 1st June, then the offer is no longer available from that dealer.
Customers are asked to give feedback about their new tyres via the 'Tell us what you think' page on this website : http://www.tyre-amnesty.co.uk/index.php ... -you-think
Spot prizes will be awarded to customers who have submitted their feedback forms.
Dealers will only use these tyres for the Continental Tyre Amnesty and cannot use for regular aftermarket sales.
Dealers are obliged to take the old tyres from the customer, cut the beads and dispose of.

£14 to fit 2 tyres and tubes at my local dealer

Can't complain at that, especially when I will be 'handing in' 2 shot to pieces Raleigh branded 700c tyres that are 30 years old, and well past their sell by date!

Latest posts

Back