first steel bike orange

sparkiegaz

Senior Retro Guru
hi well after seeing max p loverly orange clockwork thought ide take plunge into retro steel :D bikes in really great original condition, plan strip her down to metal maybe powdercoat or paint not sure yet want stay black but with orange rear end,,, :? :? :?, suspension maybe ,,still got the rock shox sids,tho im thinking either be pace rc35 or the original forks coloured bright orange,,,, :cool: nitro moss tomo with bit luck,,,

Attachments

• photo orange.jpg
    photo orange.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 802
Re:

You want to repaint it? Why? Looks good as it is to me.
Just bolt on the parts of your choosing and ride :)

Re: Re:

jimo746":c5fthtsj said:
You want to repaint it? Why? Looks good as it is to me.
Just bolt on the parts of your choosing and ride :)
True it's in good nick feller,,just fancy gloss finish with orange forks if go rigid ,, not made mind up on that yet,,,,this may take a while I'm not known for completing builds quickly :LOL:

Re:

Nice, Can't see a lug point for top-pull front mech. 90-92 Serial number?

----Edit, ah, yes I see it again on for sale section :) silly me--

Have to agree, it's very nice "just as it" is though...

randomdan":2chd7mu6 said:
Nice, Can't see a lug point for top-pull front mech. 90-92 Serial number?
Bottom pull feller got a cable guide welded onto bb shell ile put picture of stripped frame later serial number may show itself later ???
Why u want this did you lose one a long time ago??? :shock:

Re:

Naw, not at all :D I just like that era in orange...

Think the 90-93 were superb rides. I'm on my 2nd 92 clockwork frame now, my first was a blue one and legitimately sold after 9 years of hard abuse.

Welcome to the club

randomdan":2piiutd3 said:
Naw, not at all :D I just like that era in orange...

Think the 90-93 were superb rides. I'm on my 2nd 92 clockwork frame now, my first was a blue one and legitimately sold after 9 years of hard abuse.

Welcome to the club
Yep going to be a keeper, may even get the revolution cranks done in bright orange match forks,,,,, :shock:

sparkiegaz":8gi0dv8r said:
..... nitro moss tomo with bit luck,,,

Gaz!? No!!! Please mate, I'm shedding a tear at the thought... :shock:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's untouched since I pulled it out of the box 22 years ago...you can never put the old paint back on! ;)

I know, I know it's not mine anymore. ;)

Still in mourning though...

;)

Max P":fi3ng7nm said:
sparkiegaz":fi3ng7nm said:
..... nitro moss tomo with bit luck,,,

Gaz!? No!!! Please mate, I'm shedding a tear at the thought... :shock:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's untouched since I pulled it out of the box 22 years ago...you can never put the old paint back on! ;)

I know, I know it's not mine anymore. ;)

Still in mourning though...

;)

sorry feller hit her with scotch pad earlier ,,look at it like giving your a granny a new coat,still your granny underneath :) new coat paint keep her warm for next 22 years,,she look great when done trust me.. set her up for her new life feller,,,

Back