Festive Frolics 2021 - Aftermath and pics

So Deans is in deepest west Fife but there's wids further west?šŸ˜„

Goat Brae no the Donkey Brae? Because, from what I remember fae 20 years ago Donkey Brae was a piece of piss on tarmac steps, my judgement may be clouded by the fact I was the same age then that you are now.;) Is Goat Brae the one up just along from the Hawcraig cliff?

Last edited:
aye goats brae is the one out of aberdour up towards cowdenbeath past the quary.

donkey brae i cannae mind wher ti is but know ther was a fife trail run couple of years ago and folk ran up that which was a killer, think its nearer the coast.

All sounds great to me and some is even familiar. Would a more gravel orientated bike cope with it or you aiming for more aggressive terrain.

Donkey Brae is in Aberdour on path up from wee harbour. It was part of the Donkey Brae Run which was run every year till Covid did it's damage.

velo, a lot of it is cycle paths, from Dunfermline out towards Alloa, no sure about west Fife woods maybe more MTB if they are anything like Dean Plantation but I last rode there near 10 years ago, think most of coastal path is OK, there are other bits might be more MTB but "no man left behind" so we'll ride accordingly.

Def gravel orientated Velo. The west Fife woods is mainly walkers paths with a bit of gentle singletrack. More a social ride than anything else.

I might go retro or Cannondale Quick 29er / hybrid weirdo.

At the moment I'm lying in bed in the grip of Covid. Feels like a bad cold. Just a pain having to isolate until the 12th. I'm only on day 2 and bored

Oh! Just spotted this thread. This sounds good to me, Iā€™d like to join in on a ride with you guys. Sure Iā€™m free on the third, Iā€™ll do my best not to hold anyone up. Would it be okay to tag along?

Oh! Just spotted this thread. This sounds good to me, Iā€™d like to join in on a ride with you guys. Sure Iā€™m free on the third, Iā€™ll do my best not to hold anyone up. Would it be okay to tag along?

Off course itā€™s ok, and donā€™t worry about holding anyone up, weā€™ve got OCP for that. šŸ˜ƒ

Back