Father & Son build CB Full carbon Strada & Torino (circa 2005-2012)

Open mould isn't a reference to the moulding process, but rather a design that's been designed by the factory and sold to cycling brands like claud bulter, ribble, planet X etc.

High end manufacturers will design thier own frames and either build themselves or commission a far East factory to build to thier specs.

Cheers James

Open mould isn't a reference to the moulding process, but rather a design that's been designed by the factory and sold to cycling brands like claud bulter, ribble, planet X etc.

High end manufacturers will design thier own frames and either build themselves or commission a far East factory to build to thier specs.

Cheers James
These are definitely made in the Far East, by this time (2009-2012) Falcon “built” Clauds were definitely only “Assembled in England”

Now then, having got all the kit together I suppose I should make a start! Pitiful few components from the original bike have made the grade, although since taking these photos the original Ritchey Pro saddle is back (more about that later) & the FSA hidden headset is a like for like replacement.
The 2014/15 Super Record 11 group is from Jimmy’s 90’s Colnago, don’t feel too sorry for him as it was always on loan and besides, he wasn’t a 100% happy with slight “help” it needed with some gear changes with it having had a some high mileage use by its original owner, something some jockeys and a full strip down service should fix but that’s for another day.
The rest of the components on the original were all Ritchey, so I’ve replaced the post, stem & bars with Ritchey carbon.
New stuff; Campagnolo full cable & outers, a Campagnolo clamp on braze-on FD adapter & a set of Super Record 11 external BB cups with English threads (wrong box in photo) and I couldn’t resist a set of Campagnolo Zonda wheels on sale from Chain Reaction Cycles especially with the interest free 3 instalments via PayPal.
C928DDB4-6EC2-4663-BF0F-67BA7260563E.jpeg 3C063E57-4F9C-4075-B9E5-08A98E215E78.jpeg CD32DE7D-71BA-4126-B7AF-9BBE0041C2CA.jpeg F249013C-BF31-453A-9FC7-E6B8661ADC2D.jpeg 7BA5D05D-D3E2-4851-A06E-7ADF2F8B806A.jpeg DAE3F181-FC2D-4EDF-9B7A-5C2F1932A0A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice the most pimped carbon Claude bulter ever!

Zonda wheels will make it fly compared to r500 wheels ultegra level I think?

I have a focus izalco which could do with a better groupset tiagra 4700 ATM! Ultegra I reckon!

Cheers James

Cheers @Jamesbike, the Zonda’s do feel super light and spin very smooth.

Before I start bolting the goodies on, the frame needs some Peachyfication.
First a complete degrease with a citrus based cleaner to remove road tar and shop sticker residue. Then a couple of hours T-cutting and finally a couple of coats of carnauba wax to bring out the shine. I’d say I’ve got rid of all the on surface marks and about 90% of the scratches/rubs.
Very happy
92B03EB1-183C-433F-8290-FA90FA08FB7F.jpeg

How much does the frame and forks weigh btw?

Cheers James
Frame 1250g
Fork 567g

I’m happy with the frame weight but I was expecting the forks to be lighter seeing as you can get an Easton EC90 at around 340g

I think by the time I’ve finished the bike I might have shaved off about 1000-1250kg?

We’ll see tomorrow, just gear cables, chain & bar tape left to do.

82B54B5C-733E-4899-9EA5-F64D4254FA9E.jpeg ED62E4BB-1D7E-4C47-8644-C9C1079CAD8D.jpeg CD8A9E93-582F-4EB9-B446-032187FDBEAC.jpeg

Nice job cleaning the frame up. Bet that was satisfying. As a keen student of Peachification, can I ask: does the T- Cut remove the lacquer layer to be replaced by the wax - or is the lacquer intact?

Nice job cleaning the frame up. Bet that was satisfying. As a keen student of Peachification, can I ask: does the T- Cut remove the lacquer layer to be replaced by the wax - or is the lacquer intact?
I suppose eventually you could go through, but that would likely need some really serious rubbing, what I did possibly took a couple of microns off of a layer that’s probably at least half a millimetre think. If I’d gone through I would need to apply new lacquer to keep the weave safe from water ingress.

Last edited:
Back