Fake Dyna Tech?

Not all were all ti, the early examples were bonded in tubes, and then only the main front triangle, with the rear being steel.
Looking at the cable stops on the top tube, those are riveted on,goes with the bonding, and the tube is ti coloured.

Re:

Early bikes didn't have the big boxy lugs. Zoom on photo 5 it's a Titanium frame tube sticker. They were always cheap seamed tubes from Russia on Dyna Techs so not comparable to your Sandviks etc but still a good ride. Wheels probably worth the starting price alone

Re: Re:

fettler":1zqsjz9u said:
Early bikes didn't have the big boxy lugs. Zoom on photo 5 it's a Titanium frame tube sticker. They were always cheap seamed tubes from Russia on Dyna Techs so not comparable to your Sandviks etc but still a good ride. Wheels probably worth the starting price alone
Lugs were common, and 91 ish they were very boxy

These were the early 90's. I don't think Raleigh moved that fast to be able to access Russian materials destined for their space and military that quickly after the fall of the Berlin wall. Maybe, but highly doubtful. More like Western propaganda.

I'd say thats what it is.

Could be wrong. Frequently am. But those bare tubes are ti, and the position of the decals looks correct. Only need the model/year id and ill wager its all identical.

It's definitely not an Odyssey, probably a warranty replacement frame that's been painted in the original Odyssey colours. This was quite common with Raleigh when the original frames were no longer available as a replacement the equivalent was used instead and painted up to look like the original bike.

Yeah probably an m-trax Ti frame from 94ish, would be my guess. Or whatever year they did the polished middle to the main tubes and paint on the rest of the frame.

I know Ralieigh would sometimes spray up a warranty replacement frame like the original so perhaps what has happened here??

DynaCol":3ufv7r2i said:
Yeah probably an m-trax Ti frame from 94ish, would be my guess. Or whatever year they did the polished middle to the main tubes and paint on the rest of the frame.

Did those frames not have a distinctive line between colour change rather than fading into each other?

Chris D":2bnwmzqd said:
DynaCol":2bnwmzqd said:

Did those frames not have a distinctive line between colour change rather than fading into each other?
No, think they had a slight fade.
This is what I was thinking of:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=292714

Back