rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Happy New Year’s Eve everyone...

I’m struggling with tubeless tyres on my latest build viewtopic.php?f=6&t=422419&start=40

This stuff is totally new to me, but it looks like I’m trying to fit a square peg (UST tyre) into a round hole (26” Stans tubeless ready rim)

So what do you lot recommend? Get a UST rim or a tubeless ready tyre? Which one is the future?

I’ve ordered a pair, but others have said the UST tyres won’t sit properly?

mk one":2nd012mt said:
Inner tube :D

Yes... of course for my retro bikes but this is for my lads RetroMod....
and anyway, the problem I have is the fitting of the tyre on the rim, not a problem with holding air.

Re:

It will work. But won’t be ideal admittedly

I’d buy some maxxis or schwalbe tyres and go from there

Tubeless can be best thing ever or worst.

:LOL: Bought some of these years ago to help fit a tubeless tyre, they were then labeled as 'Unbreakable levers'. They really hurt when they snap!! :twisted: after that i learnt to put the tyres on by hand, and have never used a lever since.

As for the fit, does the first side of the tyre go on?

Attachments

• P1013008.JPG
    P1013008.JPG
    719.2 KB · Views: 619
Personally I'd buy some tubeless ready tyres, they are lighter because they don't have the extra layer of rubber required for it to seal. Sealant wasn't a thing when UST came out, there's a lot more choice as well. UST tyres seem to be dying out, even Mavic have switched to tyres that require sealant.

mk one":3jc6oo57 said:
As for the fit, does the first side of the tyre go on?

I managed to get one side completely on the rear but not the front.

Looks like Our Jimmy’s going to have to forgo having his “own brand” tyres for some that actually work.. :|

Re:

those ust tyres can be complete bastards to fit. I had some a few years ago. I heated them in the oven, stretched them like mad - at one point hanging from the edge of a door with me standing in the tyre.

Still couldn't get them on so sold them on. Ritchey ones i believe Never again. I've got some Schwalbe g ones on my road bike and they are a doddle to fit .

Back