Dual Sim Android 4.2.2 3G Smartphone, 4.7”, Quad Core - £20!

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For sale is my Dual Sim Android Smartphone. Nice phone with decent specs (see below) that I've been using for the past 6 months or so. Dual Sim is really useful, and Wifi and 3G are both excellent. Good quality bright screen with a decent resolution. Surprisingly good battery life and with a spare battery included. Navfree Satnav works well – the GPS isn't the quickest at locking to satellites (a few minutes) but works well once locked on. Rooted to allow a wide range of apps to be installed. Will be factory reset before posting.

It has some niggles though, hence is sold on a spares/repairs basis. The main one is the power – often now I can't get the power button to respond to wake it out of standby. I don't know what the issue is but I assume hardware rather than software. Sometimes I've tried blowing out the power button area which often seems to work but I'm not convinced it's that – it's hit and miss. For a while it seemed to be more of an issue after plugging into the car charger rather than USB or mains charger but lately it seems to not be responding at all well. When the phone is fully switched off it can take 5 minutes or so of trying the power button to make it boot from 'cold'. Even if the power button isn't responding once the phone has booted up the screen can be woken up by using a (free) app like Autoscreen which wakes it when you pick the phone up, or plugging in the charger, etc.

A separate issue is that now and then the phone seems to behave as if the 'back' button is being pressed and closes whatever app is open. This seems to resolve itself after a short while. I assume that's a software issue but I don't know for sure.

Otherwise the phone is cosmetically good – a couple of minor scuffs around the edges but the screen is in very good condition. The back cover has a crack in the plastic around the headphone socket, which I've never used so that's a bit of a mystery. It comes with its box, clear shell case, spare battery, USB cable, and (Chinese!) instruction book.

So the price is now just £20 posted due to the power issue - sold on a spares/repairs basis
(PP gift only)

Specs:

Dual Sim: One ordinary SIM slot (non-3G), one micro SIM slot (3G). Dual Network Standby.
GPS, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), G-sensor, Bluetooth 2.0, Radio Tuner
4.7” Capacitive Screen, 960 x 540
Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Quad Core 1.3GHz
4Gb ROM
1Gb RAM (though Android hardware info reports 2Gb??)
Micro SD slot (up to 16GB, not included)
2 x 2000mAh Li-ion batteries
Dimensions: 13.91 cm x 7.03 cm x 0.91 cm

Attachments

• P1020551 (Custom).JPG
    P1020551 (Custom).JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 795
  • P1020552 (Custom).JPG
    P1020552 (Custom).JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 795
  • P1020549 (Custom).JPG
    P1020549 (Custom).JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 795
  • P1020550 (Custom).JPG
    P1020550 (Custom).JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 795
  • P1020548 (Custom).JPG
    P1020548 (Custom).JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 795
Re: Dual Sim Android 4.2.2 3G Smartphone, 4.7”, Quad Core 1.3Ghz

Sorry, I'm withdrawing from sale for now in any case as I'm using it again for the moment.

Re: Dual Sim Android 4.2.2 3G Smartphone, 4.7”, Quad Core 1.3Ghz

Recently I've had more trouble with the power button than when I first posted this ad (see revised first post for full details) - so have made a big reduction to the price!

Back