Drill modding for polishing - protect me from the stupid

markoc

Orange 🍊 Fan
Parental supervision/guidance required…

As a 42 year old I am not averse to making some really dumb decisions that involve power tools. So I’ll put this out there and hopefully RB can protect me from my own stupid - or nurture a great idea.

Thinking of tightly zip tying a spontex pad (abrasive side out) around a drill bit and liberally covering it in autosol - then using it to buff/polish items held in clamps. I can’t be arsed with the faff of actually polishing through elbow grease.

It’ll not be balanced so I anticipate a wobble - but there’s no weight in it so it shouldn’t be too bad.

What’s the worst that could happen?

Yes, I could just buy a dremel but I’m channeling my inner Greta and “make do and mend” COP26 mindset. And I’m tight…

And some Rouge.

Don't ever mix abrasives though, once you've got autosol on a mop, that's all you can ever use on it as it's a very harsh 'polish'.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just buy a small kit as above. Shove the drill in a workmate, bobs your uncle, etc etc...... Just wear glasses whatever your upto. Im my experience lips ( even with stitches in) heal up.......eyes not so good.

Back