Disrespected Claud Butler(!) Welding content.

sparkybhp

Senior Retro Guru
One of our neighbours was throwing away a couple of old bikes. One of which I recognised as a mid nineties Claud. Long story short, I’ve always fancied seeing if I could make myself a cruiser type bike, and I have access to a mig welder..
I’ve cut the various tubes and welded it together, piecing it as I go, it’s taking shape.
I’m genuinely interested to see if it’ll take my weight (I’m pretty skinny) without falling apart..
130E8423-BF82-4BDF-8E0E-26C4CEB3FF3B.jpeg
Will keep you posted, unless of course I’m berated for cutting up a retro mtb and told to clear off.. :)

Last edited:
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That drives me crazy!!! There’s no “e” in Claud!!!!!
🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Needs a traingle between bb and top of seat tube. Otherwise it will snao in the middle like a twig the first time you pedal or turn a corner.

Its also going to be hard to ride with such a tall seat height.
I'm no bike designer (or photoshopper) but something like this?
fixed.jpg

If you want some Claud Butler graphics for it, I’ve drawn pretty much everything from ‘87 to ‘98.
Just message @gil_m for proofs as he has them all on file and will cut/print in whatever colour you want. (& muck about with them if you want) Personally I’d go for the ‘95 in Chrome or Gold foil, should look the nuts…

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That drives me crazy!!! There’s no “e” in Claud!!!!!
🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪
Sorry Peachy, edited the wrong spelling out now.. Cheers for the pointers on decals - that could be a good nod to its origins once it’s done. ;)

Back