Dirtworks Monster (RST XXL, Spins, SRAM)

Irf

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone,

First post on the forum but I have been browsing it for quite some years. Noticed that my bike had appeared in a few threads so thought I'd give some more details on it:

This is the photo that I've seen on here:

bike.jpg

This is one I took last weekend:

318237_10151447234427370_1125706084_n_zps0df5498e.jpg

Specs:

18" Dirtworks Monster frame (approx 5" travel)
Spin DBO wheels (spokes have splines in for DH use)
SRAM ESP9.0SL stars and stripes limited edition (anyone have any more information on these?)
RST Mozo XXL forks (6" travel - still looking for a manual on how to service these)
Raceface cranks
Titec seatpost
Titec Beserkr seat (kevlar/titanium)
BMX stem
Motocross handlebars (very wide!)
Acor chain device
Hope Enduro 4 disc brakes (180mm front, 160mm rear I think)
Panaracer Fire XC Pro tyres (kevlar)

All the parts were bought brand new over a decade ago. The tyres were replaced last year as were the brake pads). There's some slight play in the front bearing and the rear mech needs replacing due to too much play but other than that the bike still rides really well :)

zetecmk2":fwgbh9o9 said:
i like that! never seen those forks before, are they ok? how much do they weigh?

They're RST XXL's, the model below the Sigma. Never taken them apart due to lack of use and never weighed them either sorry. They are a nice fork though, just need tweaking with different weights of oil.

Mindmap3":obip2ifl said:
That's pretty damn cool...not seen a pair of those forks in ages.

Does it get much use?

Not used it for years to be honest. Used it once last year down the road and thats it. Hoping to use it more this year though.

That's pretty cool! Chainring is huge! Old skool DH style!

MX bars and BMX stem is a nice touch too!

Back