Cruisers?

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
In a world where everyone is sticking drop bars on mountain bikes at the moment What do we think on this?

To get my bit in first .... I really like it, my back doesnt do well with drop bar brakes and this looks really comfortable, I can see why so many americans end up sticking stingray/chopper bars on their favorite ti steed

Retrofiles.......is this gonna be a thing over here?

univega.jpg

MR OX

Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
I've a really clean Al Carter Sarratgo 2 I'm selling & the stooped riding position has put every buyer off despite them all commenting "it's a lovely bike" this could be the answer

oaklec

Dave Yates Fan
Feedback
View
I really like that, why has that not already caught on over here? I mean, all those cut too short fork steerers crying out for some bmx bars. Also, it would mean being able to ride a frame that would otherwise be too small which would make for a really nimble bike

M-Power

Old School Grand Master
I need a Spacelander Cruiser hybrid bike 🤔 Im thinkin sound system mini speakers on the ends of the bars, coffee maker.

MattiThundrrr

Kona Fan
That kind of stuff is starting to blow up big in North America. Not so much on the MTB specific forums, they're still doing the retro to gravel thing, but I'm seeing more of these pop up with the regular bike folks. I've seen a few this winter at RatRodBikes, for example. It totally makes sense, as these bikes are based on cruiser style geometry, and it sorts out the "butt in the air" position. I'm thinking about it to get my old Hardrock off the hooks and rolling again.