Colnalgo 54cm steel framed road bike

Jimsmith78

Retro Newbie
VGC road bike, Original parts with very little wear.
New tires conti GP4000s and WTB saddle
Mavic starfish cranks
Campagnolo wheels and STIs
Sachs new success brake callipers and mechs
Cinelli bars and stem
looking for £300
based in Oxford
cheers

Attachments

• colnalgo1.jpg
    colnalgo1.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 1,108
  • colnalgo2.jpg
    colnalgo2.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 1,106
  • colnalgo3.jpg
    colnalgo3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,072
  • colnalgo4.jpg
    colnalgo4.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 1,068
  • colnalgo5.jpg
    colnalgo5.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 1,070
  • colnalgo6.jpg
    colnalgo6.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,067
  • colnalgo7.jpg
    colnalgo7.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 1,107
Re:

Lots of features on that frame that I have never seen on a Colnago before. Top of the seat stays, depth of the sleeve on the head tube lower lug, no pantograph, rear dropout cutout....

Re: Re:

peetee":2dltu205 said:
Lots of features on that frame that I have never seen on a Colnago before. Top of the seat stays, depth of the sleeve on the head tube lower lug, no pantograph, rear dropout cutout....

Wasn't looking that closely, but you are right. I have a couple of lower-end Colnagos in the workshop at the moment, I will have a look at them later, but I suspect what you might be implying is correct.

Re:

I dont think its a Nag, looks like another frame stickered up.
Photos are a bit distant, so am happy to be corrected, but I cant see any pantographing on the stay tops or fork crown and the head tube badge looks different.

Assuming it all works ok, its a good price for what looks a decent frame and components

Re: Re:

Vetus Ossa":17ra0w33 said:
Was anyone expecting a Colnago for £300?

I picked up a Colnago with SL/Cromor frame and Veloce for £280 last year. Paint wasn’t as pretty as this, but they can be found. Got a Pinarello Olé with RX100 for £60 as well

Re:

Hi all,
Ill have a closer look when I'm home later on, I've been given this bike by my brother in law, I don't know where he got it.
Interesting it could be a knock off, I had no idea such things existed. I made a guess on the price tbh...
It would be good for it to go somewhere it's appreciated, its too small for me and my other half doesn't like the position so never rides it.
Cheers
Jim

It’s not uncommon for people to have their frame repainted and put on any decals they choose. For what it’s worth I think that’s what’s happened here. There’s no harm in it unless you try and pass it off as a genuine Colnago which I don’t think the OP has.
I think it’s a decent bike and probably worth around £300.

Back