Withdrawn Clearout including: Syncros Control Tech Shimano XT Amoeba Middleburn Sakae USE Marin THREAD CLOSED

walkmanman

Senior Retro Guru
THREAD UPDATED 7/7/21>>> ADDED SOME OF THE EXTRA PARTS MENTIONED BELOW PLUS A FEW OTHERS. SEE END OF THREAD.
10/7/21 2ND UPDATE>>> FINALLY GOTTEN AROUND TO ADDING THE VUELTA CHAINSET MENTIONED BELOW.
17/7/21>>>PRICEDROP UPDATE>>> SMALL DROPS ON EVERYTHING REMAINING

Various parts that don't look like they're going to get used, so I'm selling. Prices not including postage. Collection is welcome:) Dibs then PM please.

Paypal gift is my preferred payment type, all prices don't include postage. Royal Mail's standard 2nd class rate is £3.20, so this is what you'll be paying unless you ask for a different service. Possibly cheaper if it fits inside a letter envelope, ask for price. If you can collect then it will be from NW London.

I'm also expecting to add a nice CNC'd chainset, x2 sets of Shimano XT canti and V brakes, plus USE seatpost to match the saddle below. This might take a little while though, so ask if you want details.

Shimano XT SL-M739 combi gear/brake levers.
These are classic 8 speed combi levers and have a lovely solid feeling shifting mechanism. Classic 90s Shimano from when XT really took off technically. Pretty excellent condition with just a few scuffs here and there. Mechanically all's well, all threads are good.
£60>>>£55

Shimano XT RD-M739 rear mech
Very nice condition although there are slight scuffs along the parallelogram front. Jockeys do show wear but not too noticeable. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. Jockeys are original. For 8 speed setups.
£20

Shimano XT FD-M738 front mech.
Pretty excellent condition, there's some alloy rainwater staining but nothing else to speak of. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good, the cage does show slight chain contact scoring but has years of life to go. Clamp size 31.8mm. Bottom pull.
£10

Syncros Cattlehead stem
I think this would be the 2nd gen version of this stem.
Excellent condition, except for occasional light scuffs here and there. The Syncros branding is a bit faded but not too bad. Length 10cm. Clamp size 25.4mm, and fits 1 1/8" steerers. Threads are good.
£25

Syncros Cattle Prod Hammer N' Cycle stem
Excellent condition, except for occasional light scuffs here and there and staining from where the headset has been. I've given it a light polish which has improved the looks but it's not that shiny. Also some of the Syncros lettering is damaged (replacement decals can be bought online). Length 13cm. Clamp size 25.4mm, and fits 1 1/8" steerers. Threads and the loy allen bolt head are good. For the weight weenies out there, the stem weighs 218g. It has the 1993 added Zircal alloy stem bolt upgrade, plus the 1994 added extruded wedge- this also dates the stem.
£40>>>£35

Control Tech System 3 ahead stem
Excellent condition, except for occasional light scuffs here and there. Plus the original Control Tech stickers on the sides have been replaced with Hope ones. At least I'm guessing they're not underneath the Hope ones. Length 15cm. Clamp size 25.4mm, and fits 1 1/8" steerers. Threads are good.
£25>>>£20

Shimano XT RD-M735SG rear mech
Very nice condition although there are slight scuffs along the parallelogram front and lower pivot but apart from that very tidy looking. Jockeys do show wear and the lower jockey is a replacement alloy cartridge bearing one (I can find an original one if required). Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. For 7 speed setups.
£17

Shimano XT RD-M735SS rear mech
Pretty nice condition although there are slight scuffs along the parallelogram front from that very tidy looking. Jockeys show minimal wear. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. For 7 speed setups.
£17

Suntour Alpha-5000 front mech
Pretty excellent condition, there's slight wear to the logo but nothing else to speak of. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good. Clamp size 28.6mm. Bottom pull. The mech was taken off a Muddy Fox with triple setup although the ratios weren't that wide, so the mech isn't designed for the kind of ratios that some of the other mechs listed here are.
£8

USE Carbon Pro saddle
Classic saddle with ti rails, carbon base and leather cover. But the biggest plus is the superb comfort that many riders experience with this saddle:) In good condition with only a few scuffs and an impress mark from being poorly stored. The saddle hasn't had much usage and doesn't feel saggy when riding. I'll soon be adding a same era USE seatpost to the thread which would obvs be a good match for the saddle.
£35

Selle Bassano Vuelta USA saddle
A quality saddle with the extra width and padding which makes it more suitable for offroad riding. The styling also suits this, plus it's a pretty rare saddle. Condition is excellent for the leather cover, with no scuffs and stitched logos are fine. Cr-mo saddle rails do show signs of wear though. The rails don't feel bendy to ride on, and the padding isnt compressed, so I'd guess the saddle's had an easy life.
£15

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

Middleburn RS8 duo crankset with 32 and 42 tooth hardcoat rings. This chainset is an outright classic all about CNC'd loveliness and of course is UK made. More suited to lighter riders due to the three arm spider naturally being a bit flexy. It is for an ISIS/splined BB and weighs a very light 555grams. The rings still have life in them (despite two small chips to teeth on the inner ring), and the polished finish on the cranks is in good nick with just the obvious heelrub marks showing. All threads and both the splined interfaces are good. The rear lock ring isn't seized, so those wanting to experiment with different spiders/change chainrings can do so.
£50>>>£45

https://ibb.co/YLH9fHG
Amoeba CNC Handwork billet stem
More CNC'd loveliness but this time a less subtle billet stem for those punishing downhill rides. It's for 1 1/8" steerers and fits 25.4mm bars, as well as narrower ones when using the shim that's included. A few scuffs here and there but still very tidy looking.
£15>>>£12

Amoeba BA riser bars
Full length risers which haven't been cut down. A good match for the above stem. Width is 68cm and clamp size 25.4mm. Pretty good condition with no scuffs, although there fitting marks where the brake levers have been and also someones drilled a hole to fit something but these bars are so thick walled and solid it couldn't be an issue.
£10>>>£7

Middleburn DH 38t chainring
Pretty minimal usage with little wear to the teeth.
£10>>>£7

Koski seatpost. A rare seatpost and also in the unusual 27.0 size. 350mm from top to bottom. The seatpost is in pretty fine condition- there's slight insertion marks to the ano finish but that's about it.
£20>>>£15

WTB Speedy V saddle
Pretty excellent condition with a couple of minor scuffs. Still very comfy:)
£15>>>£12

Sakae MTB 126 Low Fat pedals
Quality 80s pedals. Like the model name suggests, these are pretty slimline bear traps and so quite light. Bearings are smooth and have no play. Paint on the cages is good except on the outer sides.
£15>>>£12

Marin Lite stem
Pretty excellent condition besides the slightly fading branding. 12cm length. For 1 1/8" steerers and 25.4mm bars. All threads are good.
£10>>>£7

Last edited:
Dibs USE saddle... depending on the size I might be interested in the USE post when it becomes available

Dibs USE saddle... depending on the size I might be interested in the USE post when it becomes available
You're welcome to it. And I'm glad you're also interested in the seatpost. But you're correct to be cautious about the length, as like many of these posts it's been cut down. The length is from memory around 30cm from top of the cradle to the bottom. Let me know if that would be enough.

It's more the diameter I'm interested in at the moment. Although 300mm might be a bit risky with a Ti frame...

It's more the diameter I'm interested in at the moment. Although 300mm might be a bit risky with a Ti frame...
Righto, well now that you mention diameter, that's one thing I can be sure about. It's 25.0mm (I remember using the post with a USE shim for this size). But yes, even if the correct diameter for you, check whether the length could be unsuitable for ti frames before deciding anything.

The seat tube has a shim in it already. I'll pass on the post thanks. I still want the saddle though. Pm me your PayPal details and I'll make payment

The seat tube has a shim in it already. I'll pass on the post thanks. I still want the saddle though. Pm me your PayPal details and I'll make payment
Yes, that's fine. I can pm/PayPal details soon. Or perhaps you might be local to me (nw London) and would be willing to collect the saddle and pay in cash? Cash or bank transfer is my preferred payment method over PayPal wherever possible.

Hi there,

I’ll take the Syncros Cattlehead stem please, the black one please.

will send a direct message

cheers

Back