Clearly I’m out of touch - two drinks £9.60

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Clearly, I’m well out of touch with current pricing.
Went for and afternoon drink in Cardiff. Lady had a pint of Peroni, I had a pint of cider.
£9.60!!!!
Are you frigging kidding me?

Christ, it was that much when i left the UK, 10+ years ago........ (in Warwick/Leamington area)

:LOL: i went out for a quick pint with a friend the other week, first time in years, and couldnt believe how much he spent. Saying that i bought 2 cups of coffee and a scone from a garden centre, living it up :LOL: and i got £8 change from a 20 :shock:

Re:

Seems to be about £4 a pint around here, for plain cider. Start talking Perroni etc and you're looking at a lot more....

For reference, I'm in an exceptionally rural area but the local is one of these 'foody' pubs, and not really into locals going for a pint after work covered in dirt and smelling of nettles. Although that doesn't stop me on a Friday night when 'happy hour' brings it down within my price range. For one :LOL:

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":1ri1xkn1 said:
I'm in an exceptionally rural area but the local is one of these 'foody' pubs, and not really into locals going for a pint after work covered in dirt and smelling of nettles. :LOL:

Attachments

• 8C3381C3-D8D9-4717-B015-4C6766C105AA.jpeg
    8C3381C3-D8D9-4717-B015-4C6766C105AA.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 852
£2.80 - £3.50 is the going rate for a cask ale in the locals near me, which isn't too bad. More like £4.50 for peroni though, sometimes more.

Re:

Got a shock in one of the high street pubs when they charged £5.50 for a pint of Perroni. :shock:

Even more of a surprise was the £20 one of the trendy cocktail bars my wife likes charged for a cocktail + double jack and coke. :facepalm:

Saying that you can get plenty of decent cask beer for between £2.50 and £4.

Back