Cinelli Model B - 1960's 6111 56cm BIKE NOW SOLD

negaultra7

The Number Of The Beast
Cinelli Model B - extremely rare and original early 1960's 6111 Campagnolo 56cm

£1750 ONO + £45 POSTAGE TO UK **PLEASE MESSAGE ME FOR WORLDWIDE POSTAGE**

This is your chance to own a very rare and original early 1960's Cinelli Model B.

I inherited this bike from a family member who is sadly no longer with us, He worked for Raleigh for 35 years, He was in charge of all the displays and advertising for the company, Which meant he was lucky enough to travel with the company, He puchased the bike on one of his many trips to Italy in the 1960's.
The bike has been dry stored in his loft for the last 25 years along with 6 other vintage bikes, (he was a bit of a hoarder)

The bike is as he bought it with the exception of some new bar tape.
Bottom Bracket is Campagnolo, Crankset is Campagnolo Record Strada. Rear derailleur is Campagnolo Nouvo Record and front is Campagnolo record with the hard to find cable guide. Campagnolo downtube shifters, Campagnolo cable guides
Hubs are 700c Campagnolo Gran Sports high flange from the 50's, rims are red label Fiamme. Yes the bike does need a set of tubless tyres!!
Brakes levers are Campagnolo Nouvo Record (very expesive to buy nowadays) Brakes are Mafac,
Campagnolo headset,
Bars and stem are original steel Cinelli Campione Du Monde,
Saddle is a Brooks Champion Narrow B17 and the seatpost is Campagnolo. includes the original Cinelli seatpost bolt
The chrome Cinelli MC forks and lugs look absolutley stunning
Serial number is 6111. i believe it to be circa 1965, but Cinelli's are very hard to date
Measurements:
The frame size is 56cm's
Crossbar-56cm
Seat tube-56cm
Head tube-12.7cm
Stand over-77cm

For all the pictures i have of the bike please click on the link below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127545286 ... ?details=1

cinelli001.jpg

cinelli002.jpg

cinelli003.jpg

cinelli004.jpg

cinelli004.jpg

cinelli006.jpg

cinelli007.jpg

cinelli008.jpg

cinelli009.jpg

cinelli010.jpg

cinelli012.jpg

cinelli013.jpg

cinelli014.jpg

cinelli015.jpg

cinelli016.jpg

cinelli017.jpg

cinelli018.jpg

cinelli019.jpg

cinelli020.jpg

cinelli021.jpg

cinelli022.jpg

cinelli025.jpg

cinelli027.jpg

cinelli029.jpg

cinelli030.jpg

cinelli032.jpg

cinelli033.jpg

All i have done to the bike is strip it down and very carefully clean and de-grease the bike hopefully back to its former glory, all in all a class piece of cycling history.

In addition to owning a beautiful piece of history, the winner of this auction will own a bicycle that rides like no other.
The geometry of this bike makes it very comfortable for long days in the saddle and it is incredibly stable on fast descents, like it's on rails. Close your eyes for a moment and you'll be spinning down the streets of Milan!
The paint and chrome are very good but not perfect, but very good for a bicycle that is 50 years old. I think the state of the paint and decals give it a beautiful patina. Absolutely NO dents or dings. The frame, drop-outs and all else are perfectly straight.

The bicycle will be professionally packed for shipping.

Please contact me with any questions or for details I may have left out, and I'll do my best to answer.

Re: Cinelli Model B - 1960's 6111 56cm

So, this is from the early 60s? You do realise then that none of the parts are original? With the possible exception of the wheels and the brake calipers.
Certainly the rear derailleur is dated to the 70s. The date is on it. The cranks will be dated too.
And the bars and stem are alloy not steel and certainly not original.
Sorry to burst your bubble and all that

Re: Cinelli

Hello
This is my first time on this site. It's good to see all the information and opinions here.
I have a "Model B" Cinelli that I purchased new in 1970.
The shop I bought it from is in Vancouver, Canada. The owner, Lorne Atchinson, raced for Canada for many years, including the 1948 London Olympics and the British Empire Games in 1950.
So the bike has an interesting history and a fine pedigree.
I've reluctantly decided to sell it as I'm downsizing and there's simply no space for it, although it's possible to make it the centerpiece in the living room, but my wife, who I love dearly might think otherwise.
If anyone one might have an opinion of value or any comments at all, I'd like to hear them.
Regards
Greg L

Back