Chrome effect paint

CC Rider

Dirt Disciple
This may have been covered before but I can't find it if it has ....
I've got a couple of Cinelli bar ends where the 'chroming' has worn away over time but the mouldings themselves are still perfect. I could use them as is but would like to tidy them up a bit and rather than strip the remaining silver finish I'd like to re-'chrome' if possible.
Has anyone got any experience with chrome effect paint? If so, any suggestions on make, technique etc. etc.
Thank you :)

Yes, some of it “looks” ok, although I think it looks more like satin stainless rather than chrome. The main problem with any of them is it’s not a very tough paint so unless it’s to be used on a wall hanger it won’t last long.
I have tried various clear coats over the top but they immediately knock the shine back.

The only really good chrome paint I've seen was a professional kit that the guys who do my powder coating were experimenting with on plastic parts. Very expensive, something like £150 at trade prices for a 1 litre kit at the time (about 5 years ago I think).
I'd try a chrome vinyl wrap instead.

Thank you for the feedback.
I'll try the VMC guys but price is always going to be an issue, it's only a couple of bar ends after all!
Satin stainless would probably work OK as the frame has a brushed finished. Maybe the fact it's not tough is a bonus - if it doesn't look right it'll be easy to take off! :D

Edit:
Sooo ... minimum order £100; think I'll have to try the paint or just buy some new ones.

Re:

CTC Powder Coating do a chrome effect. £45 min charge though.
Looks very good but a little satin as said above. They are well versed in Bikes.

Thank you :)
Still a bit much for a couple of bar ends though (!) so I'll wait and see if there are any other bits that I need. Thanks for your help.

Back