For Sale CB Ladydale Frame, 21.5" 1983 Vintage, 531 ST, COLLECT, £60

Ghastlyrabbitfat

Dirt Disciple
Claud Butler Ladydale (mixte) road touring frame built in Reynolds 531ST throughout, Campag dropouts, size 21.5 inches (medium). Believe it's an '83 model in original paint finish. This makes it a factory Holdsworth, which always seem to ride pretty well. There are paint chips commensurate with use but given the age I'd rate it as "good" though this is always subjective. Could be used as it is, with attention to chips, etc. Appears to be straight to the Mk.1 eyeball and there are no obvious dings and no signs of rot.
It will come with bars (SR 40cm ctc), stem (SR, think it's 60mm), seat pin (SR, scratched), very worn saddle (but not scuffed so could be recovered), chainset (SR Custom 165mm cranks), BB (bearings feel good), headset (Allez, some chrome loss, bearings feel good), brake calipers and levers (Weinmann, drilled, some light scratching). Additionally, all bolts for fixing guards etc. and rear drop out adjusters. Stem, seatpin and drop out adjusters all move freely.

Bargainaceous price: £60

Selling as have no use for the frame and above bits 'n' bobs. I bought the bike last week, principally for the wheels but am now hanging onto derailleurs and other bits. Bought from fleabay, item no 193976716195 if you want to look at original photos. Will photo cleaned up frame tomorrow if anyone wants pics.

This is collect only (nr. Lancaster) though I am travelling down to south Manchester this coming Friday if that's any use.

Thanks

Fitted 700c sprints to show it doesn't look ridiculous running 700's instead of 27".
The brake blocks on the calipers have not been moved and are set when the frame was running 27" x 11/4": there is plenty of room on the caliper to drop the distance required to run 700's, should any buyer want to use this set up.

Sorry for the poor quality of some of the images (phone!).

Dave

Are the cranks for sale separately? (They’re pictured alone is all)

thanks

smigg

Back