Carlton Track Bike 55cm

Ethan

Retro Newbie

Track bike with nice chromey bits, but is vintage/old and therefore not immaculate. Seat tube 55cm/21&3/4" c-t, top tube 57cm/22&1/2" c-c (as good as I can measure). Wheels are tubular vintage mavic with a Schwalbe and a Conti tube fitted. They have a sticker saying that they have passed inspection for use at the national championships.
Shorter cranks (165 or 160, not sure) and Nitto Noodle bars. If you are about 6' tall there is a little toe overlap and you are probably a bit too big for the bike (like me).

This belonged to the owner of my LBS who died of a brain tumour. I've kept it for years for sentimental reasons, but I ride it about once a year as I am not really the type of person who rides a bike without mudguards and am more comfortable with a rear brake (which this bike cannot take).

This would suit someone shorter than I (~5'8" maybe) or who likes to ride on small bikes.

I will include a spare tub and some tub tape.

£300, if you're cool enough for this bike you can probably afford it. I'd rather this go to someone who will ride it.

more photos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/belgiangoth/
It currently has some mk2 crudcatchers fitted which I am also happy to see go with the bike. No pedals or saddle though.

In B30 area of Birmingham (near the chocolate factory).

Back