Cannondale frame I’d ?

scooter

Retro Guru
Hi all , I’m trying to I’d my frame so I can get some ideas on a colour scheme .

I’ve looked on the vintage cannondale site and if I’m correct then the LG is the month and year . L= 2000 & G= July .
http://vintagecannondale.com/info/serial_numbers/
But I’ve no idea what frame model this is ?
The forks have the lockout on top of the steerer tube and have the disc mount as well , so I’m presuming the forks are ultra fatty head shock, again not sure which model ?
There’s remnants of original paint inside the headstock which is red if that gives any clues.
Any help would be much appreciated .
Thanks scott

Attachments

• 97FC424E-00FE-414E-9D35-F55884B58E92.jpeg
    97FC424E-00FE-414E-9D35-F55884B58E92.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 603
  • 0DF44C31-4B0D-4A4A-97DD-1C7F8221EB64.jpeg
    0DF44C31-4B0D-4A4A-97DD-1C7F8221EB64.jpeg
    39.4 KB · Views: 603
Re:

Looks like a Caad 4 frame to me. It has both disc and v brakes and were produced between 1999-2001. Caad5 was disc only but you also had the cheaper furio frames with both brake options. But I am not sure and that LG on the frame isn't probably the year indication because my 2005 optimo frame has it too.

Attachments

• IMG_20171108_224817.jpg
    IMG_20171108_224817.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 582
Yes it's a large too. Mine has a sticker to the right with a a letter on it followed by some digits. On the later models the letter indicates the year but your sticker is missing.
Try looking some other F series (has to be an F serie frame) and look closely at the rear disc brake mounts because there is where you will find the bigger difference I guess.
I will be picking up a F400 Caad 3 tomorrow for a nice price and I believe it is similar to yours. Will look for a picture.

May I ask how much it weighs?

Re:

I can weigh it tomorrow but my scales aren’t that great so not sure how accurate it will be but I’ll give it a go.
I’ll check some of the f series in the mean time .
Cheers victor.

just to help you a bit this is what I know:

The F series go back to the 90s and are sold still today (F29). Cannondale used the following frames:

Between the early 90's and 1998 you had CAAD1, CAAD2 and eventually CAAD3. Exact years I do not know.

1999 to 2001 CAAD4 was used, this frame had disc brakes together with the older vbrake mounts (last models of CAAD3 had them too and that confuses me sometimes)

2001 - 2003 CAAD5 this was a disc only frame with thin (11mm seatstays) and together with the optimo frame one of the lightest alu frames made by cannondale. On this frame you can even fit 700c tires with more then 28mm

2003 - 2007 Optimo frame, (the one I have laying arround here to waiting to build up) probably cannondale's best mtb frame ever. Mine size L weigh arround 1700gram. Soon to be collectors items I guess

2007 and later Caffeine series

That is all what I came across the net last year when I got myself 1 or 2 cannondales and when I started to do some research about them.

Re:

Nice one , that helps me a lot .
I’ll probably get mine powder coated then the next stumbling point will be reassembling the forks ..
But that’s for another time ..

Re:

Ok , so just weighed it ,

Luckily my digital scales in grammes can just about handle it .

1548 grammes = 3.4 lbs .

Re: Re:

scooter":3ukfpfmn said:
Ok , so just weighed it ,

Luckily my digital scales in grammes can just about handle it .

1548 grammes = 3.4 lbs .

Wow that is lighter then mine and bot are size L. I also used a digital kitchen scale so it should be ok. I am suprised and in shok too :)

Just noticed the cable guide on top and I stick to a F400 or F600 Caad3 frame when guessing.

Re:

Cool ,
I had a quick look on the vintage site (catalogues) last night and see that some of the frames are 3.4lb or 3.6 lb .
some of the writing is quite blurry though so I’ll take another look later as I’m just of out now.

Cheers bud.

Back