Can you get a Bike on a Motorcycle..?

vcballbat

Senior Retro Guru
Yes you can... well in bits any way. Had to collect a bike from Greenwich London from Southampton and didn't fancy being stuck in London traffic for hours in a metal box. Unclipped my Givi top box and used the rack and pillion saddle to support the frame with the wheels stacked on top. Has anyone else tried a similar thing or even made a bike carrier for a motorcycle...?

20211114_125129.jpg 20211114_125135.jpg 20211114_125143.jpg 20211114_163926.jpg

plenty of home made bike racks out there for the back of a motorbike. some are scarier than others. :)

I've ridden home with a set of wheels on the pillion seat and a frame over my head like a shoulder bag before now. bit harder on a sports bike, bit I managed. :)

amateur :)

dong-hoi-vietnam-7-august-2012-vietnamese-family-with-a-bicycle-on-a-scooter-with-an-estimated-number-of-20-million-the-sco-2BYC684.jpg

I do wonder what the insurance company would make of these racks that extend so far behind the bike if there were to be an incident.

Yeah I brought home a 20" folder across London on a 50cc step-through scooter. Same as you, propped on the pillion seat and ratchet strapped to the rear rack. 20" folders are remarkably big when you have to strap them to something that small!

I remember somebody once arriving at a time trial on a Vespa-style scooter with his bike somehow attached to it.
It was a long time ago so no idea how he did it but I seem to recall it was transverse, maybe with the wheels removed.

I used to know a couple of guys who turned up regularly at races with bikes on rear carriers. The seat tube was fastened across the carrier frame with the frame standing vertically and the wheels (and kit bag etc.) attached behind keeping it upright. Well, that's how I remember the method anyway!

Back