Can anyone identify these pedals?

Sir Neil d'Menture

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Some more items out of the box of bits I was given.
These are old style pedals and well worn. Can anyone identify them? The toe clips seems to be made of resin and the leather straps are labelled Alfredo.
I ride clipless now so they are no use to me.
Are these pedals any use or destined for the recycle bin?
They seem to be old style Shimano
(Sorry for the poor pics - It's below zero in the garage!!!)

Depends on condition but people break the toeclips and the fixings get lost too so useful to someone
Probably get £25 for them
Cheers

Midlife":c6orbyta said:
As you know the straps are Alfredo Binda
Thanks. I guessed that much, but wasn't sure.
I left steel frames and toe clips behind a long time ago, and have forgotten all I knew.
I've just been gifted an old Ribble 531 frame and a box of bits.
Aim is to refurb the bike as a turbo/pub/shopper/summer fun ride bike.
Some bits are xxxx and some I can reuse.
It's a nice project for all the coming months of lockdowns!

notsofast":1s4sa4fy said:
Depends on condition but people break the toeclips and the fixings get lost too so useful to someone
Cheers

Indeed. I’ve got a pair of them in my box of bits. One of the toe clips is broken and it would be cheaper to buy new pedals than buy another clip.

RobLoasby":16tt1ia4 said:
notsofast":16tt1ia4 said:
Cheers

Indeed. I’ve got a pair of them in my box of bits. One of the toe clips is broken and it would be cheaper to buy new pedals than buy another clip.
Well, if you want them...

Sir Neil d'Menture":3jtvgop7 said:
RobLoasby":3jtvgop7 said:
notsofast":3jtvgop7 said:
Cheers

Well, if you want them...

Thanks, but I’m intending to use my old favourite Lyotard Berthet on my restoration when I can finally start it.

Back