Broken 100/200GS?

ringo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Anyone got a broken 100/200GS shifter lurking in the spares box please?

I'm building up a 1991 Marin Bolanis Ridge for my 10 year old lad and the left hand shifter is missing the cross head bolt that secures the bottom cover and holds the mechanism in place.

I could put better gear on for him but the poor sod needs to learn how bad things were in the early nineties!

Happy to pay postage for either the shifter or preferably just the bolt!

Re:

Don't be tight, give him XT :LOL:

If nobody has that I have some 7 speed gripshifts you could have as the gear and brake levers are separate?

Tis OK Andy... I think all that is wrong with the LH Shifter is the missing screw. If I cant source one, I've got some 7 speed Alivio...

Re:

You mean one of these?

And, if so, you might as have these as well, just as spares for the future (won't make any difference to postage cost):

But can you really inflict the 100/200GS on your own flesh and blood? :shock: It's a harsh lesson. I should insist on a disclaimer exonerating me of any blame for the child cruelty that is the infliction of the aforementioned (ultra-crap) shifters on the sprog. :LOL:

Attachments

• 200gs-1.jpg
    200gs-1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 200gs-2.jpg
    200gs-2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 155
Re:

That's the beast - and he has to learn... we did!

Once he's learnt, i might stick some later tidy alivio rapidfire jobbies I have laying around! I'll send you a pM... Cheers!

Back