boy"O"boy's 1991 Raleigh Dynatech Endeavour x2!!

Re:

Can’t believe I’ve not commented on this lovely bike before, an absolutely outstanding job you’ve done Ben wow!
I lusted after an Endeavour at the time I bought a Voyager for myself and the missus in ‘92. Alans Cycles were selling Dynatechs for half price; they had a couple of Endeavours, but they were still out of reach financially and I was a bit scared of the colour!
They did sell though, so not all were recalled for a respray and Suntour makeover

ultrazenith":2x36tw1y said:
I really enjoyed reading this build thread, what an incredible end result!

Do you know which steel was used in the main tubes and rear triangle of the Endeavour?

Hadn't noticed you guys were both sending a reply to this thread as I was adding pics! :LOL:

Thanks ultrazenith. Very pleased with the outcome of both Dynatechs.
The tubing is Reynolds 2070 on both the Endeavour and the Odyssey.
The Endeavour has custom features over the lesser Odyssey - check out my other thread where I've highlighted these, The Campagnolo equipped Voyager was Reynolds 2060 tubing.

Magpiegifts":2x36tw1y said:
Top class work there.
I'd sell a kidney for this, well, maybe a liver

Cheers Pete. Extreme but appreciated!! :LOL:

ferrus":2x36tw1y said:
Can’t believe I’ve not commented on this lovely bike before, an absolutely outstanding job you’ve done Ben wow!
I lusted after an Endeavour at the time I bought a Voyager for myself and the missus in ‘92. Allans Cycles were selling Dynatechs for half price; they had a couple of Endeavours, but they were still out of reach financially and I was a bit scared of the colour!
They did sell though, so not all were recalled for a respray and Suntour makeover

Cheers ferrus. Thank you.
Like buses these! - Waited 10+ years for one to turn up before finally finding one on eBay….then don't see another until KondrateivsBike F/S last week!
Good that you remember more being out there…I found an MBUK ad, showing these at discount price….but for one month only. All the other discount ads don't feature this model.
I think the unfavourable review in MBi did this model no favours at it's £1395 asking price.
Heavy to at 29lbs for a top end machine. Yet to weigh the Odyssey with Rockshox though.

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• 20210221_000227.jpg
    20210221_000227.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 132
boy"O"boy":2rrxa8qz said:
ibbz":2rrxa8qz said:
Just had a good read and look at this again. Beautiful work!
For anyone just tuning in - this bike is Unique :LOL: - Only TWO in known existance and it's been brought to perfect catalogue life by Boy 'O' Boy.

Just noticed you've edited this Ibbz!! :LOL:

It's great to see another Endeavour has finally surfaced! Anyone else got one out there that is so far unknown/ unseen?

With KondratievsBike's blessing, here's the pics from his F/S added here for prosperity.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=424317&start=10

Also….with it's Odyssey sibling.

Cheers all.
Enjoy

boy"O"boy

Damn they look fine!

20210123_151636.jpg 20210123_151309.jpg Thanks KondratievsBike:)😎

So. The Dynatech Endeavour story develops further.....

KondratievsBike's Endeavour was sold onto nporternz . After much discussion back and forth using my Endeavour as the reference, Nic decided that the restoration of his would be too much.....it will need a repaint.
Nic was also after some parts that I had so we decided to trade. I've now ended up with the 'other' Endeavour as an ongoing restoration project....I've currently got 4 projects on the go so this will be a slow burner.

Plans are to spec this will the same Campagnolo Centaur parts...I've managed to source many of these already. Currently on the lookout for 36H Centaur hubs with freewheel rather than screw on to build onto some NOS Campagnolo rims.
Thumbies will be specced this time and I quite like the look of the stem in perhaps the same colour as the magenta. This one is off a Voyager.

Now having a 2nd one....it's interesting to see how custom the top end Endeavour was.
I've done a comparison in my Odyssey thread which shows the differences between these 2 Reynolds 2070 frames....but when you compare the Endeavours next to each other, the magenta is far more 'pink' on this one.
I'd colour matched against the existing paint on the other one that was very original so I'm fairly confident that is correct.
This one also has all the correct features an Endeavour should have...but has the little bar on the non driveside chainstay that is on the Odyssey 🤔......but no other eyelets or mounts that would make this feature useless! 🤔😀

Anyway. Here's some pics.
I'll probably continue to add to this thread rather than start another Endeavour thread...and make this the reference thread.

Cheers all.
boy"O"boy 20210402_171142.jpg 20210402_171026.jpg 20210402_171301.jpg 20210402_171333.jpg 20210402_141432.jpg 20210402_141422.jpg

Smallest of additions but one of the hardest to get hold of (well at a realistic price anyway!) 🤦‍♂️

Now 95% correct to catalogue specification...with the addition of a Campagnolo Electa saddle. The San Marco Rolls suited this pretty well, but the Campagnolo is better proportioned and the air bladder still works.
I'd be 100% if I changed the wheel and seatpost QR skewers to black rubber handled ones and the Rim to Campagnolo Thorr....even though the Contax were the 'lighter' version that were the same model year as the Thorr rims.

Collecting parts for the 2nd Endeavour build is well underway. Groupset already sorted...Thumbies and the 'grey' brake levers planned for this. Still trying to source a pair of 36H Centaur hubs to build onto another pair of contax rims.
Campagnolo Centaur seatpost in 27.0mm is another part I'm trying to source. Plenty of NOS available in 25.0, 26.0 and 26.6mm ....but no one seems to make a shim (or at least is selling them 🤔) that takes you from these sizes to 27.0mm.
Most seem to be 27.2mm :confused:🤔

Hopefully more to come on the 2nd Endeavour soon.

Cheers
boy"O"boy

20210501_165108.jpg
20210501_165121.jpg 20210501_165134.jpg

Good addition, played with one but never rode one before.

Not sure if im reading it right Ben, are you looking for a shim, 25.0 to 27.0? if so use still make them. here -

Good addition, played with one but never rode one before.

Not sure if im reading it right Ben, are you looking for a shim, 25.0 to 27.0? if so use still make them. here -

Thanks Mark.

I've been looking on the auction sites on-line but didn't seem to be able to find anything. Was prepared to wait for a NOS 27.0mm but haven't seen any for sometime.
Thanks for the link....off to purchase a seatpost now and I'll be in touch with USE to get the correct shim. 👍😎

Cheers
boy"O"boy

Just had a good read and look at this again. Beautiful work!
For anyone just tuning in - this bike is Unique - Only TWO in known existance and it's been brought to perfect catalogue life by Boy 'O' Boy.

So another Endeavour comes to light..... there's now a Trio of known survivors.
As this seems to be the go to thread for the Dynatech Endeavour model in particular, I thought I'd add it here.
This one is on German eBay... looks very original (I'm ignoring the kick stand! 🤦‍♂️)....except tyres and saddle.
Strong money at €1500 .....but as I already own the other 2, I'll be passing on this one.

The 2nd Endeavour is well underway with parts accumulation. I've nearly got everything....just pedals and 124mm bottom bracket to source now. Then onto paint sometime soon.
I ended up buying a 26.0mm Centaur seatpost rather than the 25.0mm Euclid with USE shim and have instead opted to go with a rapid prototype version that is made from 3D printing.

Cheers all.
boy"O"boy

$_59.jpeg.jpg $_59.jpeg-3.jpg $_59.jpeg-1.jpg $_59.jpeg-2.jpg Screenshot_20210514-152726_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20210514-153323_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back