Bought item on ebay, but money not taken off

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
The other day I bought a respirator for the woodworking. One of the powered full face mask types. Paid £191(15% off)

The ebay/paypal chitty thing says its paid, but the bank shows the money hasn't been taken.
The item states dispatched Monday the 7th, but the arrival date is approximately the 14 Dec, which is actually a long time big tool company wise. Usually it's 3 days from bought to arrived.

Would there be any reason the company wouldn't take the money straight away, and maybe are waiting for stock, or coming direct from the manufacturer and only when it arrives does the payment go through ? :?

I wouldn't be happy to get something for free, but it concerns me somewhat, as I've never been in this type of situation.
I was thinking that due to lockdown finishing on the 11th, it would be sent then. But on buying it, they stated it was in stock and there was no added info about delays over covid or any such warnings.

I'd prefer the money was taken instantly in case at a later date when the bank account is low getting hit with charges. I would always account for the finds being there but with Xmas, and prezzies to buy along with standing orders on bills and the like I'd hate for something to happen and there not be enough due to pay in dates/DD bill dates etc.
I'll get a statement from the bank tomorrow to confirm for sure if or nay its been taken, but I know how much it had in it and how much should have been left after this purchase, so far as I can see its not been taken.

Anyone ?

Did you pay by Paypal?

The money is taken by them, not the person you bought it off. You should check your paypal account for the status of the transaction, sounds like something wrong at your end.

If your bank account is the back up funding for Paypal it can take a few days before the DD from Paypal leaves your account. As mk one says you should check your paypal account to confirm.

Depending on the type of goods, eBay seems to have different seller payment policies. At the extreme end, for some goods the seller will not be paid until the user has given them positive feedback. More common is eBay/Paypal not releasing the funds until despatch is confirmed.

Given the nature of the goods and it being 2020 and all, it's possible something similar is going on with the sale of respirators.

I believe that's for some new or restricted accounts. I'm sure the money still leaves the buyers account (but would be refunded in event of an issue).

Just checked and theres nothing to suggest the payment is pending or being held. It states the same as other items ive bought over the last couple of weeks

Paid via bank -£191, status - sent.
The tracking number supplied says it was received at Chester mail center 7.09pm " We have your item at Chester MC and it's on its way."

I expect it will come off unless I'd 200 quid more in my account than I thought, but thats highly unlikely.
I'll pop down to the bank shortly and see what the statement says but if its saying paid in payal then it should say paid on the statement as paid to paypal means paid.

Aye - it'll likely hit your bank soon. I've bought stuff forgetting my paypal account is empty & it's been days later the payment came out my bank.

I have found the same issue with PayPal, say I make purchase off eBay or from retrobike member-pay with PayPal and seller receives the funds. Then when I check balance of account it hasn't been deducted. Usually takes three to five days to be deducted, which could well cause problems for some people.

Then occasionally payment gets sent via echeque, PayPal will take 7-8 days to pay the seller, but when I check monthly statement it shows the funds left account after three days!

Emergency over, seems the bank has it listed as coming off even if the cashline statements dont.

Bugger :( .. :LOL:

Back