Bontrager Ti lite

The frame is in fantastic condition and is a very nice thing!
For the initial build I have just taken everything off of my Privateer and swapped it over. I do have a few plans for it, the front mech is temporary and it also has a 73mm BB with a spacer instead of the needed 68mm, which works but will annoy me! 😁 I would like to fit a Judy FSX with the correct offset Bontrager crown eventually, but that will all have to wait. I spent all my money on the frame! 😁 😂 🤣 DSC_0112.JPG DSC_0114.JPG DSC_0117.JPG DSC_0115.JPG DSC_0116.JPG

Well, you didn't mess around any!

Dropped it off last night you say?

Looking forward to hearing about how this rides in comparison to your other Bonty's and then following along with whatever direction is takes next!

Well, you didn't mess around any!

Dropped it off last night you say?

Looking forward to hearing about how this rides in comparison to your other Bonty's and then following along with whatever direction is takes next!

Exactly….ride reports. No point owning such a beauty without letting us all know how good it is.

As much as I love the DT Swiss/Bonty wheels I think that skinwall tyres look infinitely better with darker rims, so on with the Mavic ceramics on Hope hubs. DSC_0118.JPG @M-Power I was going out for a spin this morning but then I started faffing with wheels and now it's pissing it down, weather looks alright in the morning so I'll get out for a ride then and let you know my thoughts. 👍
@pw_pw_la it was a quick build, all I had to do really was fit the headset and bb, alter the outer lengths slightly and reset the rear brake, everything else just switched straight across. 😁
@slackboy I might go for m950 mechs and shifters down the line, the Sachs stuff works well, but I can't see it lasting, the rear mech was NOS and already has significant play in the pivots, it's done perhaps 400 miles at most. 😐

One thing I always liked about the Bonty Ti frames and 92/93 FAT Ti frames is the gussets, do it right and make a feature of them. Think these Bontys do it best though. Im gonna predict its not going to have too much frame flex in the BB area. That drives me nuts with early Ti frames.

Back