Bontrager Race Lite 1993/94 - new paintjob Page 9

slackboy

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
New build in progress.

Bontrager race lite arrived from ebay this week. It was listed and I bought it on the basis of it being a race, but the headtube is milled so definitely a racelite.

The plan was to get it resprayed metallic blue or purple as those are my favourite bontrager colours, but the paintwork is in really good condition so that will have to wait.

I may not be able to resist replacing the panels with more modern bontrager ones.

Its going to get built up with M737 kit which various forum members have provided to me over the past week or so (thanks 2manyoranges, brocklanders, legrandfromage et al), tange switchblades and some nice ceramic rims which are on their way from france from the Yo Eddy currently on ebay.

Oddly I nearly bought this exact frame two years ago and only realised when I was going back over previous facebook correspondence. Small world.

Some place holder pictures for now:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I got lucky with this build. The M737 kit was all readily available and a titec seatpost came up on ebay at the right time.

The frame came as a package with the tange fork and the stem/bar combo which saves hunting down a bontrager stem in decent condition.

Its going to look *really* black when its finished though. Might need to get some chill pills to add a bit of colour.

PXL-20210224-181940297.jpg

PXL-20210224-182223205.jpg

Mostly built now. Got it out into the sunshine with some spare wheels - I've got ceramic rims and smoke/darts arriving (hopefully) monday for the final build.

Looking pretty good - not too black, but I'm still not sure about the decal panels

Build kit is full M737 XT with the exception of cassette/chain and the freebie 105 headset which I think I'll keep as i remember running road headsets in the very early '90s

t-VBbxd-V0b7owx5-X9-Ia-HV-xw-EBe-ZQO1s-Q7-J53-Y3r-Nw-X1-NYWx-Kz-K-MFOOr7-T9-U4n-Zlt-Yc-A4v-IEIFPLN3m.jpg

Back