retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi guys,
I don't drive but the missus does, sadly she's been unable to drive safely due to eye issues but I do upon times still have the need to collect bikes from across town and even further afield .
This in mind I have modded the rear rack and even a trailer to carry bikes and wheels should the need arise.

Here is the first one I did, the trailer conversion.....

This came around so I could transport up to 3 bikes to the York cycle rally... 4 if I included the tow bike. Standard folding trailer with steel base... 3 old front hubs and skewers, 2 curtain pole holders, screws, wooden planks and a couple of L brackets later I had this.

IMG_20220614_120216.jpg IMG_20220614_125652.jpg
IMG_20220614_140002.jpg

And here it is in use .. worked a treat, hated speedbumps and potholes tho 😄

IMG_20220619_172915.jpg

Next up was.... what if I need to collect one from across town, simple 20 mile distance using mainly cyclepaths and back roads.

Rear hub and skewer, large L bracket, plank of wood and some offcuts.. jobs a good un

IMG_20220703_134020.jpg
IMG_20220703_133959.jpg
IMG_20220703_133940.jpg

Couple of neatly placed bungee straps and the balance of an ibex goat and I'm off.... Yeah baby 😎

So what do you do ?

Pics are a must....

RBG

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_135944.jpg
    IMG_20220614_135944.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 7

This came around so I could transport up to 3 bikes to the York cycle rally... 4 if I included the tow bike. Standard folding trailer with steel base... 3 old front hubs and skewers, 2 curtain pole holders, screws, wooden planks and a couple of L brackets later I had this.
Incredible ingenuity! Proving that necessity is the mother of invention! :cool::)

Hi guys,
I don't drive but the missus does, sadly she's been unable to drive safely due to eye issues but I do upon times still have the need to collect bikes from across town and even further afield .
This in mind I have modded the rear rack and even a trailer to carry bikes and wheels should the need arise.

View attachment 640920View attachment 640921
View attachment 640925

And here it is in use .. worked a treat, hated speedbumps and potholes tho 😄

View attachment 640926

Next up was.... what if I need to collect one from across town, simple 20 mile distance using mainly cyclepaths and back roads.

Rear hub and skewer, large L bracket, plank of wood and some offcuts.. jobs a good un

View attachment 640927
View attachment 640928
View attachment 640929

Couple of neatly placed bungee straps and the balance of an ibex goat and I'm off.... Yeah baby 😎

So what do you do ?

Pics are a must....

RBG
Utterly brilliant!

Back