For Sale Bafang bbshd mid drive kit 52volt 17.5 Pics and more added5 ah battery

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
Some pics added!

Thought I'd post this down here in the the dark nether regions of the forum...
Built this up after a health whoopsie to keep me mobile....and to have a lot of fun ! I'm doin much better now so it's time for it go 😁
It's a 52volt set up...full charge the battery actually dumps out nearer 60v! You can buy bits now that can make these things run 72v and higher 🙄
I'd like £500 for the whole set up motor, battery,charger and loom...it's done about 2500 miles.its pretty quick and pretty fast....I've seen 40 flat out on skinny tyres! Range in real world not VW style hype and lies like most manufacturers claim is really good due to the 17.5 ah battery..keep it in assist level 3 and don't use throttle 60 to 70 miles is easily doable.i used it every week for playing pub petanque all over the county.
Ride it like you stole it and pumping throttle 30 miles.
It's all built on a bike and your more than welcome to come and scare yourself on it 👍
I'm lydd in kent 20 mins from Ashford m20

IMG_20220622_150917_944.jpg
That's after a few miles voltage is nearly or just over 58v when charged,it does vary I think that's the difference between a four hour charge and leaving connected overnight where it does a black magic thing called a cell balancing charge!
IMG_20220622_151116_322.jpg

That's flat out on throttle....throttle overides the pedal assist setting....ie full grunt 😁 around 2 1/2 hp.
You won't ever see that speed whilst Riding as it's not under load as wheel is off the ground.
With chunky knobblies on the flat it'll be around 35- 37max. Put skinny high pressure tyres and spin those legs you could see 40..depending on gearing choice wind road surface etc.
Obviously it's not legal...😂 Please no comments required ....ride it like a loon attract attention and you'll get a spanky bum bum from the rozzers.be sensible be considerate just how you do on other wheels and enjoy how an e assist should be....36 v is a pointless waste of resources imho!
IMG_20220622_151255_082.jpg
Now it's just the kit not the whole bike....I had an upsy daisy on it and although I cant find any frame cracks I'm not selling it just incase ...don't want anyone having a bad day because of me!
It's also why it's not got suspension forks and has the rather too short things on it as a temporary get going fix!

This below is what I thoroughly recommend doing when you build it up...

IMG_20220622_151325_573.jpg

3 speed...either sturmey or nexus...supposedly nexus is even stronger! The kit has a gear shift sensor that works by detecting the slightest bit of cable movement....soon as it does it cuts power for a second.
Derailleurs and cassettes ...meh ...doable
But don't go silly on gearing electric motors are at their happiest and most efficient when spinning at top speed... not eating amps and generating heat 😆

I might have some bits I played around with...I made some drop bar brifters into ahem stealth ...I'll rummage and see where I got to on that!

It could do with a new throttle the little paddle broke off 🙄 they're about £10 new or you can get twist type.
The whole lot new you'd be looking at around the 1300-1400 mark so it's priced to sell they don't come up often as 52v setups. As for spares ... probably the easiest of all ebike kits to find parts for! Electron cycles is the place I bought this from.

So you'll need a frame that has 68-73 BB shell
240v socket outlet and a couple of evenings build time!

Last edited:
Does the rear wheel wind up with the torque? Or do you have very strong spokes? I saw one de restricted e bike and it had nearly collapsed the rear wheel and pulled half the spokes out.:eek:

Does the rear wheel wind up with the torque? Or do you have very strong spokes? I saw one de restricted e bike and it had nearly collapsed the rear wheel and pulled half the spokes out.:eek:
No I've had no issues with rear wheels,I've had it set up in a few different guises wheel and gearing wise and found the absolute best thing is a 3 speed sturmey for all round riding. Single speed set up is hilarious....i made/fettled a 28 tooth BMX chainring to fit a freehub ...wheelies and powerslides all good fun 😁Does take a bit of effort and and head scratching to get chainline but well worth worth it!
Was that a hub motor that'd collapsed the wheel? This is a mid drive set up in my mind far superior than a hub for quite a few reasons!

Back