Another Kona Hei Hei - build #1p7 #2p9 ++

Absolutely beautiful. Great effort and fabulous parts sourced.

Worth all the pain and cash I’m sure.

Love it. !!

Hey Ben, Can't believe i missed your build thread! Glad you did something with the frame, and that it went to a good home. I've managed to grab another (1999) Hei Hei so i'll be joining the club again soon!

Hey Ben, Can't believe i missed your build thread! Glad you did something with the frame, and that it went to a good home. I've managed to grab another (1999) Hei Hei so i'll be joining the club again soon!
Hey Rich, ahh great, look forward to seeing it!

Yeh, loving it, might try to sneak out this afternoon for another slight update on the build…

67CA1CEE-846C-4867-9398-809AD47F5491.jpeg C0F9FD87-7A9E-4D21-A7FF-70D23243D678.jpeg 7C333009-1418-4BC1-AAB0-EF85D6119B79.png Seatpost fun….

This has always worried me a bit, felt I was over-tightening, so when someone mentioned that it might after all be a 27.4 I sourced a Thomson one, goes in the first couple of inches easy enough, but then really not going past 10cm into the frame, no where near enough…

So seems I have to stick with the 27.2, it does not feel at all loose in the frame - do I get a deeper seat collar to spread the load over more of the seat tube (or is that actually worse??) or coke can shim or just not worry about the slight crimping?? Any suggestions welcomed!

B

2068C0C3-2785-46BA-8FC9-D1F87421BD66.jpeg

Here it is in semi-final set-up, added upgraded wheels - hope hubs on dt-swiss rim (need to re-do them tubeless when I have the patience)

Was actually thinking the black Thomson looked better than the ti seatpost, but no longer an option it seems.

Only thing still looking for is a nice set of the super short xlite nobbie bar ends in blue, my wrists are crying! (Someone had a set for sale recently but was too sluggish) shout if anyone has another set!

B

Back