Another Kona Hei Hei - build #1p7 #2p9 ++

1bhp

Retro Guru
I'll flesh this thread out with more context etc. in the coming weeks, but I got a bit excited today as it was the first time seeing what it might actually look like... Not quite the level of Hatch's epic build, but hopefully will become something very rideable, but less so period correct.

18" Frame '93 (thanks for the info confirming Pip) via Jinjrich. (weighs 1594g)
Seatpost will be the lovely new USE ti one on the floor in front - no way I'm scratching that until the last minute.
Wheels are for something else and just to see stance, though pleasantly surprised how nice they look.
Will be functional XTR M950 clad.
P2's will be black.
The Middleburn a triple.

AeDT-O-u0gvurgt-NGHPFEQMrhf_RrgdjhujOiaIYieOgkB91bNUNdVUImWkPhaPGY3l0iT_Xf8vcqbEkT0zQ-_JGFAac4LLcIF2aGVXrtw1XXlwpbaFHE1ci0-kMQtOQ8nitRV_cw=w2400

*iPhone wide, messes with the geo & saddle perspective. Doesn't look that weird in flesh.
**Still looking for a couple of final bits - hardcoat middleburn rings, few bolts, WHEELS!!! Will be posting in wanted shortly.

BP

Re: Another Kona Hei Hei **pre-build**

I will follow that build with interest. I simply love to see this frame with cantis but it will be nice to see as well the M950. When I can, I will also post mine 95 hei hei, which I mostly complete to build before I joined this forum, so I couldn't show the whole process of building.
Enjoy.

DACO":16el2wf8 said:
I will follow that build with interest. I simply love to see this frame with cantis but it will be nice to see as well the M950. When I can, I will also post mine 95 hei hei, which I mostly complete to build before I joined this forum, so I couldn't show the whole process of building.
Enjoy.

Hi, thanks! Yeh, I know what you mean, but I feared if it didn’t stop fairly well compared my modern discs I just wouldn’t ride it it. So had to go V’s, hopefully m950’s won’t look too out of place...

Magpiegifts":2bft9702 said:
Has lots of potential Ben. Really nice frame is that mate

Thanks Pete. Back hidden in plain view behind the sofa for now until I find the few final pieces...

Re:

Looks amazing! This is going to be an interesting build.

What size is the frame?

Re: Re:

44Racing":25fknu7p said:

What size is the frame?

Thanks Hatch. Not quite to your standard, but hopefully quite sleek when finished!

It’s an 18”, weighing 1594g inc. dog collar and seatpost clamp.

Nice! Love a Hei Hei, yours looks in really good nick.

Can’t wait to see this built!

Re: Re:

1bhp":2svahcyn said:
44Racing":2svahcyn said:

What size is the frame?

Thanks Hatch. Not quite to your standard, but hopefully quite sleek when finished!

It’s an 18”, weighing 1594g inc. dog collar and seatpost clamp.

Looks like it’s going flat-out just standing still :shock:

Looking forward to see this build progress as it’s looking mega already

Back