Another Kona Hei Hei - build #1p7 #2p9 ++

Awesome thanks mate. This helps a lot.
Trying to find a long steerer P2 is the challenge, I might run a Z2 fork which would raise the front end a bit, or if I get the fit bang on I could always get a fork made....
Oh the possibilities! 😁
If you take the plunge and they do a BOGOF deal, I’m in for a segmented BOI style ti fork please!! 🙏🏻

Just had a look through the thread and your Kona looks great with the build you have chosen. Good work! Where's the tunnel shot?

Awesome thanks mate. This helps a lot.
Trying to find a long steerer P2 is the challenge, I might run a Z2 fork which would raise the front end a bit, or if I get the fit bang on I could always get a fork made....
Oh the possibilities! 😁
Try a seatpost w/ setback; it will alleviate the "falling over the handlebars" feeling. If you have long legs it will probably make the bike fit you better.

Interestin…
but canti brakes would be more in the spirit of the frame and year

Have you tried the bars yet Ben?
Mike, I’ve not yet. I was waiting for all the bits for the 1x11 to turn up (still searching for the mech and cassette) Then I’ll swap it out and add the bars… though after yesterday’s ride I was tempted to try them whilst I wait if I get some free time over Xmas… will keep you posted!

Back