ANOTHER change to emtb plans

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Yet again its back to indecision. But in my own defence its a new thing and constantly changing, with more manufacturers coming out with new models.

Criteria is the same - commute/shop/bikepack, so pretty much a do it all.

Had a think and have taken on board others opinions on it and from them have thought that maybe a sus isnt such a good idea, and more a hardtail would be the better option.
Plus its about a thousand of a difference cash wise.
And then theres maintaining sus bits, and a robbing of energy due to bob etc..

So considering all I thought something more like this would be the better choice(at least for this week :LOL: )

Option 1 - Current referred option -

JARIFA² 6.9 NINE - £3699

Option 2 -
AVENTURA² 6.9 - £3850

Attachments

• Jarifa2-6-9.png
    Jarifa2-6-9.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 512
  • Aventura2-6-9.png
    Aventura2-6-9.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 512
Re:

Geometry looks the same, any difference in battery capacity, motor power and groupset?

Re:

They look the same ? but the 2nd one has mudguards and rack fitted.
Is that why the price difference?
Or is there a battery/motor difference as well?

Try and find something with a Bosch motor - at least they are attempting to make theirs upgradeable and replaceable

It is a bosch motor. gen4 85nm - Apparently better for lower cadences, and with my leg prob, thats more the option for me , even over 75nm.

Is that why the price difference?
yeah i reckon so. Motor,battery and geometry are from the specs the same. Adventure one is slightly heavier, likely because of those bits, but about a KG, nothing more.

Re:

For £150 extra I'd say the adventure looks good, you could always put shorter guards on if you were doing some serious mudplugging and save the long guards for the commute

Re:

Same bike, you can retrofit the swept back bars, mudguards, kickstand, light, rack and chain ring guard.
Says so on the website.

Can dual up the batteries.

If they are the same then i suppose the question is whether the rack and guards are what you are after, if you may end up swapping them for bigger/better/stronger ones, then the first one and spend the difference on suitable parts to fit.

mk one":1kk6t654 said:
If they are the same then i suppose the question is whether the rack and guards are what you are after, if you may end up swapping them for bigger/better/stronger ones, then the first one and spend the difference on suitable parts to fit.

Aye, fair comment, i didnt like the look of the rack. Always prefer something thats attached at the chain stays but also onto the top of the seat tube or such. Loks like it would have a tendency to want to bend :?

For shopping id need a rack for that, but its also the better lights. Crumbs very close. Hard to decide fully.

Back