another 1988....1988 Cinelli Sentiero...but sold.

Is something going on around Sunderland ? This is the 3rd bike of interest that has popped up in the locale recently.

`well....its hilly and mountainy! must be alot of keen bikers up there for a long time.......oh...and just answered the first mountain bike question....!

ANCIENT MOUNTAIN BIKES.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Foot pegs on the front forks ? Single speed, feet up downhill..:eek:

Last edited:
Hmmm ... in 1988 or thereabouts I ummmm-ed and ahhh-ed about whether I should buy a Cannondale M600 or a Cinnelli Sentiero - and the orthodoxy then was that the ‘superior stiffness’ of aluminium (and those gorgeous smooth joints) was far superior. I liked the Cinelli a lot - the Columbus tubeset was light and thoughtful - but I kept being pulled back to the Cannondale. Of course, now, the workshop is full of modern British steel - so if I knew then what I know now I would have gone straight for the Cinelli without a single look at the Cannondale. Yep, I failed to buy the Cinelli, and the Cannondale was stolen a few years’ later. I replaced it with.....Marin steel. By then, the ‘superior stiffness’ of Al had proved to be brain-rattling off road, and I saw The Light and was put on the Path of Steel.....(and ti)....

And synth that is such a hyper-cool photo. I guess it’s the Dolomites (by the look of the domed peak to the left) and these guys would have no idea that a dreadful conflict was coming these mountains, followed by pandemic, then depression and a second terrible conflict. The guy on the right could put on a full face, adopt the same pose, and be one of the current set of DH world figures. The continuity from then to now is striking. The bikes are highly innovative - just look at that beam-frame with cable stays second right, they have hacked their way to altitude, and It simply looks like the groups which I love being part of now...out there, riding hard, thinking and talking about life....

The footrests up front suggest that they're riding fixies?
Otherwise , they could have just stepped off the pages of the radavist. even down to the "voile" straps and frame bags :)

Back