An FSX Inspired 1994 Specialized S-Works M2 (Finished pics page... 16!)

Okay, so a little update ahead of the obligatory "it's finished" post.

Well, it won't really be finished, will it? They're never really finished. We all know this.

So I guess when the time comes I'll just say that it's finally ridable.

I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself but the excitement is certainly building.

Anyway, before all that...

It's been fun noodling with stuff; making little changes and adjustments to things here and there. One I mentioned earlier was a little tweak to the Tri-Aligns. Mainly because I'd been wanting an excuse to use @danson67's excellent Pro Bolt recommendation, but also so they'd match with the levers just a little better:

tempImageGz5E2t.jpg
tempImageLI9nTt.jpg tempImagecSZ1SB.jpg

A small touch maybe, but a nice one I think.

I think I'll save the rest of the photos for the "finished" thing now.

She's due to be checked over at the bike shop this week.

Like I said, I don't fully trust myself without someone else taking a look over my work!

Maybe on the next one...

In case you need fresh ones...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Dam it 😂 ...well i’v emailed Azonic HQ to ask about them, they have a archived list back to about 2007, but someone must know !

guess same applies to the bottom bracket and inner tubes then 🧐

and was his rear mech a 900 or 910 🤔
Azonic HQ replied as below:

On 1 Jun 2021, at 6:58 pm, Justin Duganne <jduganne@onealusa.com> wrote:
Hello Joseph,

Thank you for Contacting Azonic.

The bar is 2.5” rise.

Unfortunately We did not make a 3” during this period.

The stem could be as short as 50mm. We made stems in many different lengths including 50, 70, 75 and even a few custom 60. It is not possible to tell what this length is from the photo but from a quick glance it could be one of those rare 60mm length stems

I hope this helped.

Best regards,

Justin Duganne
General Manager

<image001.png>

O’Neal USA
Corporate Office
799 Camarillo Springs Rd. | Camarillo, CA 93012
T. 805.426.3300 F. 805.426.3301

O’Neal USA- Shipping and Receiving

508 Constitution Ave | Camarillo, CA 93012

jduganne@onealusa.com
www.oneal.com

Hmm methinks I need to take a tape measure to the malverns with me this year then as they definitely look to be a higher rise than mine are and mine are definitely a 2.5" rise 😉

Good of them to come back to you though, I like that!
And I'm really unsure on the mech, I would imagine it would be an m900 but I didn't flip it over and look, again I may have to tip her upside down and look up her skirt lmao 😆

That is good info, and nice of them to get back to you with it.

Less relevant to my build than you's two's of course, but still, good to know for the nerd in me!

Also, I'm with Spudly, those bars on the original JMC bike do look a higher rise than the usual 2.5".

Let us know how you get on with that tape measure Spud!

Hmm methinks I need to take a tape measure to the malverns with me this year then as they definitely look to be a higher rise than mine are and mine are definitely a 2.5" rise 😉

Good of them to come back to you though, I like that!
And I'm really unsure on the mech, I would imagine it would be an m900 but I didn't flip it over and look, again I may have to tip her upside down and look up her skirt lmao 😆
That is good info, and nice of them to get back to you with it.

Less relevant to my build than you's two's of course, but still, good to know for the nerd in me!

Also, I'm with Spudly, those bars on the original JMC bike do look a higher rise than the usual 2.5".

Let us know how you get on with that tape measure Spud!
I thought you ideally wanted a 3inch champagne gold riser, now you know they don’t exist!!

Back