Additions to the peloton ... Diecast Tour de France Cyclists

David B

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Re: Additions to the peloton ...

I recall Fred Williams in Wolverhampton having a few of those models (plus support car) on display in a glass case, not in such pristine condtion as the ones in this thread though. Not sure if they're still in the shop somewhere.

David

Montello

rBotM Winner

The Molteni ones came in the original sealed packaging. They had been in a loft for 40 years. Felt a bit guilty opening it but I'm not one for not using stuff.

Montello

rBotM Winner

matthew71":1pexol4x said:
Nice to see the KAS and FAGOR ones in there :D

Got most of the teams covered.

The graphic on the top right (click for larger) shows which teams rode in which years. Quite interesting to see which teams had the longest runs.

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master

David B":1vbpfeig said:
I recall Fred Williams in Wolverhampton having a few of those models (plus support car) on display in a glass case, not in such pristine condtion as the ones in this thread though. Not sure if they're still in the shop somewhere.

David

Didn't Corgi or some other mainstream diecast manufacturer make a set with team car to promote a planned TdF film with Dustin Hoffman playing the lead role? I think possibly the 'Paramount' car in the link photos might have some connection with this.

I like the 'odd' riders such as the crashed ones, the musette catchers (and hander-uppers), the puncture victim etc. All adds to the atmosphere.

Montello

rBotM Winner

Old Ned":35x1hr4a said:
[
I like the 'odd' riders such as the crashed ones, the musette catchers (and hander-uppers), the puncture victim etc. All adds to the atmosphere.

Chris Bayless who put together the original exhibit is a very knowledgable cyclist so has captured all the various going on ... Would have been good to see the full display.

Montello

rBotM Winner
Re: Additions to the peloton ... Diecast Tour de France Cycl

I have weakened and bought some more ... I have also remounted them on slate rather than wood ...

More images of diecast retro Tour de France cyclists

full-peloton.jpg