A Netflix build special… (JMC 1995 Specialized M2)

The XT seat quick release was exactly that, they have been available NOS £40-£50 from the start, but that seems ridiculous money, I’m still doing this on a £50 a week hobby budget,(average cost of build has been less than £10 a week in total) just couldn’t bring myself to spend that on such a small part with fair few available. The crud bung and other rarer parts I’d of paid triple figures in the blink of an eye, as you see them once in 5 years.
Crud bung as in those red things you push up steerer tube from below ?

Crud bung as in those red things you push up steerer tube from below ?
Yep that’s them, dedicated thread on them here…

Last edited:
As the summer holidays are just about upon us, I decided to contract out the next bit of refurbishment work to one of England’s finest craftsmen whilst I put my feet up and watch🍹

Go see @Peachy work his wizardry over on his restoration thread for the Titanium railed saddle:

Just read this entire thread - absolutely brilliant and clearly a labour of love. Well done and love the spreadsheet with the sourced locations and costs. True OCD attention to detail!

Found this little parts review flicking through some old MBUK mags from 1994/95. I did not know they were that pricey BITD…

39CAF9D7-D1E3-4144-BB15-542B1EBE2D09.jpeg

Back