A little groan ..

Cristian-T

Retro Guru
I’ve been on this forum for a good few years now..

But I’ve never ever posted any pics.

Just tried again.. file is to big ! Wtf ! Maybe things need updating a little !?

Otherwise I love the place. !

I imagine the max image size is to help reduce the server capacity required for the forum, or something like that. I never understand why people have trouble with this - there are loads of image resizers available

if you have windows, then I find this one very good, it's an old win XP powertoy, works on all versions, gives an extra right click menu option for resizing pics, and takes literally seconds to do. couldn't be simpler!

https://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/

Re:

if pics on flickr and the like then file size not an issue is it as its a link not an upload. I've just had to remind myself how to do it but not that hard, just need to get syntax right ?

Re:

The max file size was actually increased quite recently I believe!

Best to use an image hosting site and link from there I think.

dyna-ti":1vvigehk said:
foz":1vvigehk said:

I've been using and recommending this to everyone whoo ever posed this question.
I know its a 3rd party, but its been in existence forever, and through several versions .
So can we make this one a sticky in whatever section offers such advice.

Yes, this is also the one i recommend for windows users, quick and easy.

Regarding hosting sites, tis site is an archive for retrobikes, builds and parts etc, if pictures are hosted from an external site then for countless reasons they can, and frustratingly often are, removed, leaving the sites archives devoid of important picture reference material. If uploaded to the site direct then they are preserved. Please consider this before using third party hosting sites.

Cheers for the links guys

It’s just the hassle though eh. Tech and times have moved on quite a bit!

I’m BIKE savy not tech savy unfortunately!

The site accepts uploads up to 3 Mb now, I think. I uploaded straight from my Kindle the other day, so easy even I breezed it.
Incidentally, the first mountain bike I rode was a Ridgeback 60- something. I was 30ish, it was '88. Smitten, I was!

Back