97 Specialized M2

neverdie

Retro Newbie
Always liked this frame, I found this one on ebay. I am not an expert bike/wheel builder but this was a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone sharing their bikes, it has provided me with hours of work avoidance. PXL_20210531_171222818.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210531_181044717.jpg
    PXL_20210531_181044717.jpg
    891.2 KB · Views: 30

malt

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
They are great frames, and quite light for the era. I like what you’ve done with the headset spacers, picking out World Cup/champ stripes.

Are you going to going to leave the build lIke that or go for period spec?

jimo746

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I like the new XT drivetrain on it, and did you build those wheels yourself? The Green/White spokes are a nice touch 👍🏻

neverdie

Retro Newbie
They are great frames, and quite light for the era. I like what you’ve done with the headset spacers, picking out World Cup/champ stripes.

Are you going to going to leave the build lIke that or go for period spec?
I'm going to keep the modern parts

pw_pw_la

Senior Retro Guru
I'm with Malt, those headset spacers are a neat little touch. Ties the frame decal and Ritchey logo on the bars together really well.

And I usually detest spacers, aesthetically speaking!

neverdie

Retro Newbie
Lovely build you have there. I have a '99 so would be interested in what tyres / rims you have.
TY, the tires are Surly Extraterrestrial 26X2.5, but the tire is too fat for the rear so I have ordered the same model in a 46c width, the rims are Velocity, I reached out to them and they anodized them green for me.