97 santa cruz heckler finished for now

We’re so accustomed to seeing pretty, colour coded hardtails around here.. bikes that look great..

Well, that looks like such a fun bike to ride.. which is better, in my book..

Makes me want to track one down for myself on eBay!
there's a guy in Glasgow selling a frame for £50 on Facebook

was this the one in Glasgow area? I was going to get my sister to pick it up for me, good on you for beating me to it!! I got my decals from gil at retrodecals. £42 delivered. all fine and open to different colourways, only thing I found was the downtube decals seemed a bit long. I think it would have been a better fit if it was an inch or so shorter.

was this the one in Glasgow area? I was going to get my sister to pick it up for me, good on you for beating me to it!! I got my decals from gil at retrodecals. £42 delivered. all fine and open to different colourways, only thing I found was the downtube decals seemed a bit long. I think it would have been a better fit if it was an inch or so shorter.
yep he stuck it all in a box and I got a courier to grab the lot.

I'm 50:50 on polish vs paint, I might start polishing the rear triangle and if I get bored paint the front! The Bomber orange looks sooo good. I remember all the bright 90's colours that have been unfashionable for so long, they must be due to come back.

lol, they'll only come back if we bring em back!! I am a fan of the polish and paint though. need to find the time to get the fork lowers into the painters. I've stalled a abit at the mo. got gazumped on a kona on Monday that had everything I needed to finish the build. was proper angry about that! I'd arranged to buy it and go and collect after work, was just about to set off and he text me that he'd sold it.

so I've made a bit of progress, and made some changes towards the spec I wanted. found some cosmetically good z1's, in white, which I quite like, but will ultimately be powdercoated to match the frame, cos that's what I want! forks came with a pretty much brand new cane creek s2 headset, which was far better than the diacompe I had in originally. forks definitely need a service though, might send them away for a proper job. the xt v brakes came today also and are unmarked and work spot on, however the bolts are too long so need 1 pair of shorter ones to finish the brakes. tan walls will be going on at some point. grips saddle and seatpost should finish the build, then a bit of fettling to seal the deal!
20211201_211135.jpg

Looks amazing! Sorry I didn't get back to you on the hardware. Doubt I'd have been able to, had I remembered 🤦🏼
I really really want to do something similar with a V1 Heckler

Yeah those decals are too long, as are all the ones on ebay

I redrew some but sold the frame on.

The santa cruz I measured to 31cm x 2.9cm

Sure Gil needs to fix that! Did you tell him?

I'll probably replace them as I screwed up the drive side decal, lots of litte air bubbles. when I do ill let him know it needs to be shorter

Back