90 Raleigh Technium Chill

DynaCol

MacRetro Rider
Raleigh Fan
Feedback
View
Been casually looking for one of these for a while, since getting rid of the Technium Peak I had a while back. The Peak was a lovely bike but just one size too big for me so it had to go. This will be a keeper and kind of completes my mini Raleigh collection.........for now anyways (we all know how this goes :LOL:). The frameset is in pretty good condition with no major areas of damage, just the usual age related chips and scratches so no plans for any major refurbishment with this one.
The headset indexing is quite crisp but not really something you look for in a headset so that will be getting replaced. Similarly the bottom bracket is rough as hell but will be getting replaced anyway.

These came with DX as standard but I'll be giving it a bit of an upgrade to mainly XT, details and pics to follow. Just waiting on a stem from eBay and I'll have everything I need so should be a relatively quick build.

One thing, this was sold as a 91 frame but it's definitely a 90. The design colour and the frame number, R915000041 (1st and 5th numbers signifying the year, according to Sheldon Brown), mean it is definitely a 1990 model.

More to follow soon.

P1050843.JPG

Been tinkering away with the bike the last few days, not much progress but slowly getting there. The stem I bought arrived, needs a good sanding and painting along with the seat clamp. Bottom bracket and headset have been replaced (pic's to follow). Need to rob a few parts off other bikes for the build which are buried in the garage so may take a while before I can get to them :rolleyes:
First off though, managed to find the original brochure for the bike in the various ones I've downloaded over the years. As mentioned before, I'm not sticking strictly to original spec. but nice to have this for reference on the thread I thought.

90 Technium Chill Brochure_1.jpg 90 Technium Chill Spec Sheet_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back