8 speed campag rd options

Mike-p

Retro Guru
I have wheels, casette and ergos, are there any hacks for using anything other than an 8 speed campag mechs? I'd prefer something med cage.

Is there any particular reason not to use a campy RD ? If you want to go more than 26 cogg, you can try a rear hanger extender.

They seem quite pricey and im aiming to run 46/30 with 13-28 casette so looking for chain wrap as well as max cog

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Alternatively, I have used campag 8 ergos with a shimano 6 speed back end, ie cassette and mech.

Some forums say it will work with shimano 7 cassette and mech. I havent tried that, but 6 worked perfectly

At the risk of neither saving nor gaining anything it seems shimano 11 speed RDs have the right pull ratio...

The pull ratio is the same as pre-2001 9 speed. I have a spare 9s Mirage triple rear if you are interested.

Latest posts

Back